so i'll ask again........

Why do you keep posting this subject then pulling it when people start making good points on the contrary, then posting it all again?!

I've said this a number of times now but there isn't an agenda. The media are there to make money, nothing else. The best way for them to make money is to appeal to the masses. So they spin their output to make people agree or disagree with them. They keep a keen eye/ear out to see what the general feelings of the nation are and play on that. So if on all the club's forums and newspaper site comments sections have a majority of people saying they hate x, love y and disagree with z; if on the radio phone-ins it seems a majority have a certain viewpoint on something; if the newspapers print stories about a certain subject and they see they sell more copies that day.. they'll keep regurgitating that viewpoint because they will be making more money from it. So over the last few years it's apparent that City are disliked by the majority, negative stories about us sell more papers and get more people phoning/texting in, so that's been a theme with the media and what does it result in? £$€£$€£$€ *kerching* money!

It's as simple as that. That's why I take most of the media with a pinch of salt. Past Martin Samuel, Gabriele Marcotti, Henry Winter, Greame Souness, Gary Neville, Lee Dixon, Gareth Southgate, Gordon Strachan, Andy Gray, Joe Royle, Kevin Keegan, Robbie Savage, seven or eight posters on Bluemoon and the MCFC.co.uk website; nothing is worth taking any notice of.

As for the officiating, well, we've had loads of decisions go our way over the last two years. Very recently we've had some terrible decisions go against us. Yesterday, had Kaboul elbowed Joleon and Parker footed Mario - and Kaboul/Parker had no punishment for either - then this forum would be going it's typically [of late] hysterical self and be banging on about all sorts of shit. To be honest I've been a bit frustrated and embarrassed by the amount of whining and moaning about it all, too many have been sore losers. I agree, recently (before tomorrow) things haven't been going our way, but where the fuck has the typical City cool-ness and 'roll with it' attitude gone? Some of you Blues have been like the whiniest Gooners and wankerish/sore-loser Rags recently! Grow a fucking oair of balls for fuck's sake!

In games we've dropped points we've missed over 70 chances. For me it doesn't matter what decisions are made, I feel I have no right to moan about anything else but our finishing. But just think about the reaction had the incidents been the other way around yesterday.. it would have been bananas on here. Both were very fucking dodgy and I wouldn't have had a bad word to say against Webb had he sent either/both off.

I've said it many times that we watch football in the 2010's yet it's still officiated like its the 1930's. But we all moan at the refs as if they see all what we see after seven replays from four different angles and in three different speeds. Refs see it once, from one angle, at full speed but we don't react like that's all they see. They need video technology, and not just on goal line shit. It is absolutely needed for 1. Goal line; 2. Penalty decisions; 3. Card/no card (nothing more - so none of this "where will it end" lark; nothing less). Until this happens we'll still get glaring inconsistencies in officiating.

As for the governing bodies. I've also said in a few of your similar themed threads, that if you look at La Liga you'll see that top clubs like Sevilla amongst others (I think there's 5 decent clubs) can't even attract a shirt sponsor, and the league itself is struggling to attract sponsors and actually sell itself to other countries because that league has so little competition at the top of the league. Even having the teo biggest and best clubs in the world isnt enough to sell that league. La Liga is suffering big time because of two clubs who want it all for themselves. The Bundesliga has been on a sharp rise for a number of years. The competition for the title is hotly contested by various clubs all the time. Try as they may, Bayern might try and buy everyone else's decent players to stay at the top but everyone is interested in the Bundesliga and investment is very high all over the place. That league is on the up and is fastly catching up to the Prem (still a way to go though).

So then why would the Premier League and the FA try and rig our league to keep United at the top winning things? If they see how La Liga is going (backwards and losing money all the time), why would they risk that with the Prem when they have a league like the Bundesliga catching up behind? You'd think they'd be welcoming City coming along to increase the competition at the top of the Prem.

There isn't an agenda!<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:15 pm --<br /><br />Why do you keep posting this subject then pulling it when people start making good points on the contrary, then posting it all again?!

I've said this a number of times now but there isn't an agenda. The media are there to make money, nothing else. The best way for them to make money is to appeal to the masses. So they spin their output to make people agree or disagree with them. They keep a keen eye/ear out to see what the general feelings of the nation are and play on that. So if on all the club's forums and newspaper site comments sections have a majority of people saying they hate x, love y and disagree with z; if on the radio phone-ins it seems a majority have a certain viewpoint on something; if the newspapers print stories about a certain subject and they see they sell more copies that day.. they'll keep regurgitating that viewpoint because they will be making more money from it. So over the last few years it's apparent that City are disliked by the majority, negative stories about us sell more papers and get more people phoning/texting in, so that's been a theme with the media and what does it result in? £$€£$€£$€ *kerching* money!

It's as simple as that. That's why I take most of the media with a pinch of salt. Past Martin Samuel, Gabriele Marcotti, Henry Winter, Greame Souness, Gary Neville, Lee Dixon, Gareth Southgate, Gordon Strachan, Andy Gray, Joe Royle, Kevin Keegan, Robbie Savage, seven or eight posters on Bluemoon and the MCFC.co.uk website; nothing is worth taking any notice of.

As for the officiating, well, we've had loads of decisions go our way over the last two years. Very recently we've had some terrible decisions go against us. Yesterday, had Kaboul elbowed Joleon and Parker footed Mario - and Kaboul/Parker had no punishment for either - then this forum would be going it's typically [of late] hysterical self and be banging on about all sorts of shit. To be honest I've been a bit frustrated and embarrassed by the amount of whining and moaning about it all, too many have been sore losers. I agree, recently (before tomorrow) things haven't been going our way, but where the fuck has the typical City cool-ness and 'roll with it' attitude gone? Some of you Blues have been like the whiniest Gooners and wankerish/sore-loser Rags recently! Grow a fucking oair of balls for fuck's sake!

In games we've dropped points we've missed over 70 chances. For me it doesn't matter what decisions are made, I feel I have no right to moan about anything else but our finishing. But just think about the reaction had the incidents been the other way around yesterday.. it would have been bananas on here. Both were very fucking dodgy and I wouldn't have had a bad word to say against Webb had he sent either/both off.

I've said it many times that we watch football in the 2010's yet it's still officiated like its the 1930's. But we all moan at the refs as if they see all what we see after seven replays from four different angles and in three different speeds. Refs see it once, from one angle, at full speed but we don't react like that's all they see. They need video technology, and not just on goal line shit. It is absolutely needed for 1. Goal line; 2. Penalty decisions; 3. Card/no card (nothing more - so none of this "where will it end" lark; nothing less). Until this happens we'll still get glaring inconsistencies in officiating.

As for the governing bodies. I've also said in a few of your similar themed threads, that if you look at La Liga you'll see that top clubs like Sevilla amongst others (I think there's 5 decent clubs) can't even attract a shirt sponsor, and the league itself is struggling to attract sponsors and actually sell itself to other countries because that league has so little competition at the top of the league. Even having the teo biggest and best clubs in the world isnt enough to sell that league. La Liga is suffering big time because of two clubs who want it all for themselves. The Bundesliga has been on a sharp rise for a number of years. The competition for the title is hotly contested by various clubs all the time. Try as they may, Bayern might try and buy everyone else's decent players to stay at the top but everyone is interested in the Bundesliga and investment is very high all over the place. That league is on the up and is fastly catching up to the Prem (still a way to go though).

So then why would the Premier League and the FA try and rig our league to keep United at the top winning things? If they see how La Liga is going (backwards and losing money all the time), why would they risk that with the Prem when they have a league like the Bundesliga catching up behind? You'd think they'd be welcoming City coming along to increase the competition at the top of the Prem.

There isn't an agenda!

Kazzydeyna said:
I've witten in similar threads to this one a few times in the past and to be honest I would say the majority of BM'ers have disagreed with what I am about to write. I feel 100% certain that there IS an agenda against us, and for my part I feel it is more in the Media than the actual FA.

I believe firmly that there is a very simple and disgusting reason for said agenda. Namely blatant racism. Our club is owned by men with brown skin, long names that don't sound very anglo-Saxon, and that follow the religion of Islam. All of the media in this country is owned and controlled by middle aged white men who can all be described as being of a Judeo-Christian background. To put it simply there is no way on this earth that the media will allow a team owned by Muslims to win the premier competition of this country. Not without an unholy fight and backlash anyway.

Witness the endless looping of Ballotelli's slip yesterday. Mario is black. Witness the endless loop of Kompany's tackle in the derby. Contrast this with the virtually unbroadcast or spoken about non-coverage of Rooney's assault last season (against Wigan I think). Rooney is white. Contrast this with the FA, at the media's urging, appealing Rooney's 3 game ban for assaulting an opposition player with a blindside kick from behind. Not a mistimed tackle. A kick. An assault. An offence that he shoulod now be serving time for. Rooney is white. witness the incessant coverage of and criticism of Mancini for waving imaginary red/yellow cards in recent weeks. Mancini is non-English and works for muslims.
Contrast that with the complete absence of ANY criticism of Redknapp for verbally waving an imaginary card yesterday.And doing so repeatedly in every interview. Harry is white and works for a board comprised of Jewish and Christian gentlemen.

We will win the league this season. But we will do so on the back of an unjust ban for Kompany. An unjust ban for Mario (he WILL be retrospectively banned. We all know this) and an unjust ban for Lescott (so will he). Our crime? Being owned (wonderfully) by non-white, non-Judeo/Christian owners. Many or perhaps all of you will disagree with this post. Some of you may even ridicule it. I believe it and I have for some time. Finally, I'm not a conspiracy nut. I believe Oswald acted alone. I believe there is no such thing as the "new world order" secretly running the world. I do though believe absolutely that we are being treated unfairly and obscenely for the reasons I have stated.

CTID.

There is and has been a deplorable and xenophobic mentality towards our Owners, both within football in general and within the media. From day one, the reaction to the takeover was quite openly bitter, jealous and derisive. It's common knowledge who controls most of the media.

The 'Little Englander' mindset has been prevalent throughout and we have even seen further evidence of it today. This aspect is a little more difficult to associate with blatant racism. Personally I put it down to mistaken patriotism, with a touch of xenophobia. There are a number of black players who play for England, so it's not overt racism. Consider this though:

Rooney, Terry, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Cole etc have got away with misdemeanours. They ALL play for England.

Balotelli isn't English. Neither is Adebayor. Nor is Kompany. Other teams will have examples.

Today, Balotelli is charged. England player Joleon Lescott?

''The FA have also confirmed that no action will be brought against Joleon Lescott for catching the Spurs defender Younes Kaboul with a flailing arm during Sunday's game.''

It's an interesting debate and doubtless other posters will have their own views but I do believe that very few would be able to argue strongly against the assertion that the English FA treats cases differently and they are not considered on a (pardon the pun) level playing field.

As for the media, there are countless examples of prejudice and I, for one, won't even attempt to argue too vociferously against your position when it comes to the media.

danburge82 said:
Why do you keep posting this subject then pulling it when people start making good points on the contrary, then posting it all again?!

There isn't an agenda!

I pretty much agree with this 100%. Money rules and City's and Spurs' rise has made the Premier League more marketable than ever. More big clashes equals more revenue.

Also db82, it was very kind of you to mention me in the same breath as Henry Winter and Gabriele Marcotti.

DTeacher said:
Kazzydeyna said:
I've witten in similar threads to this one a few times in the past and to be honest I would say the majority of BM'ers have disagreed with what I am about to write. I feel 100% certain that there IS an agenda against us, and for my part I feel it is more in the Media than the actual FA.

I believe firmly that there is a very simple and disgusting reason for said agenda. Namely blatant racism. Our club is owned by men with brown skin, long names that don't sound very anglo-Saxon, and that follow the religion of Islam. All of the media in this country is owned and controlled by middle aged white men who can all be described as being of a Judeo-Christian background. To put it simply there is no way on this earth that the media will allow a team owned by Muslims to win the premier competition of this country. Not without an unholy fight and backlash anyway.

Witness the endless looping of Ballotelli's slip yesterday. Mario is black. Witness the endless loop of Kompany's tackle in the derby. Contrast this with the virtually unbroadcast or spoken about non-coverage of Rooney's assault last season (against Wigan I think). Rooney is white. Contrast this with the FA, at the media's urging, appealing Rooney's 3 game ban for assaulting an opposition player with a blindside kick from behind. Not a mistimed tackle. A kick. An assault. An offence that he shoulod now be serving time for. Rooney is white. witness the incessant coverage of and criticism of Mancini for waving imaginary red/yellow cards in recent weeks. Mancini is non-English and works for muslims.
Contrast that with the complete absence of ANY criticism of Redknapp for verbally waving an imaginary card yesterday.And doing so repeatedly in every interview. Harry is white and works for a board comprised of Jewish and Christian gentlemen.

We will win the league this season. But we will do so on the back of an unjust ban for Kompany. An unjust ban for Mario (he WILL be retrospectively banned. We all know this) and an unjust ban for Lescott (so will he). Our crime? Being owned (wonderfully) by non-white, non-Judeo/Christian owners. Many or perhaps all of you will disagree with this post. Some of you may even ridicule it. I believe it and I have for some time. Finally, I'm not a conspiracy nut. I believe Oswald acted alone. I believe there is no such thing as the "new world order" secretly running the world. I do though believe absolutely that we are being treated unfairly and obscenely for the reasons I have stated.

CTID.

There is and has been a deplorable and xenophobic mentality towards our Owners, both within football in general and within the media. From day one, the reaction to the takeover was quite openly bitter, jealous and derisive. It's common knowledge who controls most of the media.

The 'Little Englander' mindset has been prevalent throughout and we have even seen further evidence of it today. This aspect is a little more difficult to associate with blatant racism. Personally I put it down to mistaken patriotism, with a touch of xenophobia. There are a number of black players who play for England, so it's not overt racism. Consider this though:

Rooney, Terry, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Cole etc have got away with misdemeanours. They ALL play for England.

Balotelli isn't English. Neither is Adebayor. Nor is Kompany. Other teams will have examples.

Today, Balotelli is charged. England player Joleon Lescott?

''The FA have also confirmed that no action will be brought against Joleon Lescott for catching the Spurs defender Younes Kaboul with a flailing arm during Sunday's game.''

It's an interesting debate and doubtless other posters will have their own views but I do believe that very few would be able to argue strongly against the assertion that the English FA treats cases differently and they are not considered on a (pardon the pun) level playing field.

As for the media, there are countless examples of prejudice and I, for one, won't even attempt to argue too vociferously against your position when it comes to the media.
Fully agree and was saying the same to a lad at work today.

danburge82 said:

There isn't an agenda!

I wish i had the time to draft out a post like that, it's exactly how i feel.........cracking post!!

Impeccable said:
Why isn't this merged with the original thread?

Just wondering - coz anytime I post something along similar lines to an existing thread - my post ends up thrown in amongst it.

The other thread was moved to the mod forum. Wrongly if you ask me. Today's events prove my point totally .

All through last week, there was a spuds love in, it was quite obvious they were building City into this big bad club and Spuds as the gallant saviour of the game, they were practically writing the script.

Now we live in a media driven age and the media need teams like United with their sheep like plastic fans, and they need London clubs because the world revolves around London in their eyes. The FA is not corrupt, but we now know (with the phone hacking etc) that the media is most definitely corrupt, if they can hack in to a murdered school girls mobile they really are capable of doing anything

We beat their darling team, a team they had been hyping to hell (without much justification), I wonder how they will react if Rednapp is found guilty? Will they round on him for stealing money of ordinary taxpayers? I await their response with interest

de niro said:
fbloke said:
Sorry, simply dont buy that at all.

Obviously some sort of Clarkie moment going on?

come on mate i've never seen any foul/incident given coverage like this, they are playing the incident on a fucking loop, they are dragging everybody and anybody in to sway any outcome.
its quite disgraceful.
i dont know how long the prem is tied to sky for but i dearly hope our owners fuck them right off and go it alone.

I honestly dont see it.

Balotelli is the story because he is worthy of being it for many and varied reasons.

And I know this wont be popular but I've said it before its us fans that are now the weak point.

We need to accept the bad press along with the good.

We will see the attitudes of Sky and others once we win the League in about 12 weeks when they start to pick holes in Fergie, AVB, Wenger and Kenny's failure.

So will we hear the same bleating about an agenda when the newspapers are full of 'who can stop City'?

As I say, no agenda just the City faithful feeling the pressure of being the top team in the land.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.