So is it all over?

No, it is not over. They came back from the dead against Chelsea and we viewed it as their strength. We had our first bad day at home in the league this year, and still came back to draw after being 2 down with 5 minutes to go. My non City supporting mates all viewed this as the sort of result associated with United. I think they still need to win 5 and draw 2 od their last 8. Keep the faith

People keeping banging on about the derby. To me, it's always been important not to lose it, as that would surely be it. Beyond that, it's only one game, of course.

I agree that we have fallen away form wise, but class is permanent and all that. Hold your nose, have a look at Sad Cafe and you'll see their more sane posters know it's not done yet.

Neither do I agree with this myth that their run in is much easier than ours. End of season is a whacky place to be. They were petrified before fortunately scraping past Fulham on Monday.

As long as we are still in with a shout, I would say that the last two games are going to be very interesting. Almost inevitably, Newcastle away is a must win for us by then. However, a free flowing Swansea at home for them is not necessarily the stroll in the sewer they were hoping for.

Finally, some of you [coming back from the match - I'm on my world tour at the mo] may have missed our former player and Sunderland boss say/imply two things, i.e., (1) he thought we were a good team still in with a shout of winning it and (2) he would make sure the Rags got a serious test at his place on the last day. Here's hoping...

zark said:
it should be obvious to all that even if manure drop 4 pts in next few matches

we are terrible and will not make up the points

the players dont look arsed and its the same problems we saw against Loserpool in the cup, chelski away 2nd half, manure fa cup 1st half, west brom away, sunderland away, stoke

its a recurring problem i.e

stoke 2nd half AJ beats 2 hands down, runs in from the touchline .. then stops, turns around back through the 2 players and passes a crappy short pass to nasri who is stood right next to clichy.

just awful awful discipline, mindful tactics and effort to go forward.

RAG alert<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:53 am --<br /><br />
Red_fan said:
Masonicity said:
It's not over just yet.

People don't realize how difficult Manchester United's upcoming fixtures are. They think it'll be a walk in the park for Fergie's boys. No it won't be.

Manchester United have 3 possible banana slips in their remaining games, not including derby day: away against Blackburn, away against Wigan and home against Everton. And all 3 of these fixtures come ahead of the Manchester derby.

Losing 2-4 points in these fixtures could potentially bring us back to the top of the table, with either a 1-point lead over United or level on points (but ahead of them on goal difference).

City, on the other hand, have matches against teams that won't park the bus and aren't fighting for their lives. I'd take a game against Arsenal, even if it's away at the Emirates, any day over a visit to Ewood Park during this time of the year.

You wouldn't really though, would you?

Arsenal will be surely up for their game with you on Sunday. You've taken a lot of their players over the years and they are still not guaranteed of a CL place with Chelsea motoring along. They have plenty of motivation.

Have to agree with this unfortunately.

Next Sunday is going to be extremely difficult.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Really does this even need to be asked. Im not joking i think we will struggle to finish 2nd at the moment.
I said after we lost to Liverpool in the League Cup we wont win anything this season. i was right as sad as that is

Idiotic post of the year. We won't struggle to finish second - we are 13 points ahead of 3rd place - you are a drama queen of the first order.

LateBlue said:
Rosler1985 said:
I don't post here very often but here goes.

Some people on here need to sort their heads out. thinking we have the god given right to win every game, every trophy, and when we don't get what we want theirs some right fuckwits rushing to post how shit (Dzeko, Balo, Milner, Nasri, Mancini) are. How about you actually get behind the team that is SECOND in one of if not the hardest football league, in the world. Chasing a team that, yeah, are fucking scum, but also possess players that have been here year in year out and a manager that is probably, unfortunately, the greatest to have ever managed the game.

From where we've come from to where we are now has been more than a 10 game run in. It's been a 10 year hell, and even if we do finish 2nd to those Red cunts, it's been a season where we've played Champions League football for the first time and progressed even higher over a 38 game season. Bedding in players like Sergio and Samir.

It's a project. It always has been. And year on year we're progressing to that next step, Khaldoon has already said the Prem was the Year 5 target, and we're still on course for that. Look where we're going, look where we're going to be in 5 years time, nevermind 10. These players will learn from this season, as will Mancini and take it into the next.

If this season is over, then we can take a lot of positives from it and yes a few negatives, but there's more negativity from our fans than there is on that pitch.

It's coming, it really is, all thats needed is patience. And people need to realise there is no longer any ''easy'' games in the Premier League.

Come on Blackburn! Keep the faith Blues.

CTID
Quality.
I don't think Mancini will be here next season though, which I believe is a great shame.

Totally agree with this comment although lately I begin to wonder about Mancini's ability to motivate the players now that the pressure of expectation is beginning to show itself.

Yesterday was a classic example of one team (Sunderland) playing without a care in the world and another not being able to express themselves because of the pressure.

If we're within 3 points of united after the arse match we have a chance but thats very unlikely. We have fucked this season up on so many levels.

For all those that say it is all over you are a bunch of cocks ,how many points were spurs ahead of arsenal a few weeks ago,anything can happen over 7 or 8 games,scum are not invincible for fooks sake, they are now favorites for sure but the attitude on hear resembles the shite attitude via the atmosphere yesterday,fooking glory hunters.Get a grip.

Hands up true Blues, yesterday was coming we knew we have all been there before.
I really do not believe the rags will get 6 points from their next 2 games, game on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.