So just how is Baconface going to "put this to bed"...

Buzzers said:
And he's only seen all this in the last 6 months.... before that he wanted to stay for the rest of his life.... I'm even not saying its not the case (I dont by the way, things aren't ideal obviously but I dont think they're quite the stuff of City fans dreams), I'm just saying it doesn't seem quite right to me. There had been 2 transfer windows since Ronaldo left and still Rooney didn't see all this until August this year? What changed?

rooney isn't the sharpest knife in the box but clearly a tipping point has been reached. he's realised, belatedly perhaps, that the future is neither bright nor red. quite possibly he didn't fancy another season of carrying a team including dross like evans, anderson & gibson as well as the quartet edging towards retirement. the signing of even more dross like bebe & smalling may well have put the tin hat on it.

Jesus, so now not winning the CL and Premier every year is a sign that you're in decline? We missed the league by 1 point last year, against an Chelsea side in excellent form...

that's not what i meant & you know it. the annual trophy haul is diminishing and, i'll say it again, united will win nowt this season. you'll do well to qualify for the 4th champions league place.

As for the 'you've only played small teams' argument, well you can only play who your scheduled to play, lets wait and see what happens against the big boys. Complacency is what we've been guilty of in games where we've let leads slip, I doubt it will be a factor in the bigger games.

The two best teams we've played this year have been Chelsea (admittedly in the Charity Sheild) and Valencia away which is a tough test, we won both.

we (& i include united apologist darren lewis in this) were talking about the premier league only & you know it. you can put as much spin on the results as you like but the fact remains that united have been performing below par. the most significant factor for you now is that even lowly teams that have previously been taken apart no longer fear united - even at old trafford. expect to drop more points more often. and the rag bag outfit that ferguson will be reduced to fielding stand to get tonked by the top sides.

Buzzers, you sound like a reasonable chap, fair play.

But surely all footballers move for a mixture of 1) money, and 2) trophy prospects. Those are the reasons that Rooney, Vidic, Ferdinand etc moved to OT, and fair play to them.

Ferguson has already said that Man U offered mega money to Rooney, and although he will surely do even better elsewhere I can't imagine the extra millions will make any real difference to his lifestyle as he's already got more money than he knows what to do with.

So I suspect that a big factor in his decision is that he thinks the prospects of winning things are better elsewhere. And don't forget - he may well know what other key players at OT are planning to do in the near future too ... and Gill couldn't assure him that money was available for new signings.

So all in all - I don't think you can blame Rooney for making his decision on exactly the same basis that he joined Man U in the first place. And you loved him then!

Haha, maybe they'll say nothing and leave it as it is. "put it to bed" and give Rooney a hefty fine.

He's under contact to the rags so his statement about ambition is just laughable and calling Fergie a liar as well, just not ethical in my book, he'll be fined I hope, as if it was one of our players that did it, I'd say the same thing.

I guess it depends what you define 'blame' as. If he were to come out and say "look the fact is I've been offered the chance to earn X, and I cant turn it down" people would have much more respect for him than they do at the moment.

Anyhoo, its all speculation really the only thing I'm saying is that I think one way or another it all boils down to money. I'm not saying we have the best squad we ever had (although I dont agree with most of the comments on here predicting that we'll fall apart this season and never recover, the same was said last year and many times in the past, lets just wait and see), but I dont believe Rooney, I think he's after more money plain and simple, either at Utd or elsewhere.

Another bit of me thinks this is a result of salary negotiations getting out of hand and bluffs being called but I think its gone too far now really.

EDIT: My 100th post... on a City forum... who've thunk :D

Buzzers said:
Kirkstall Blue said:
Quote Buzzers "
At the end of the day I think it comes down to money on Rooneys part and all the spin going on now is really just a face sahving exercise."

That's about it, if the board give him a big fat contract he'll stay and if they don't he's off probably Chelsea or Madrid.

Or City/Madrid whoever are going to pay me X amount, match it or I'm off.

I think thats a far more likely state of affairs than him totally changing his opinion of Utd in 6 months.

The saving face side of it would also explain engineering a public argument with Fergie, if Rooneys version of events is true it doesn't explain why he contradicted Fergie over the injury the world and his sisters knows he has/had.

In all the time ferguson has managed the rags, has he ever let a player go on international duty when the player is carrying an injury?

Why was there a crisis meeting today? Gill and ferguson have known since August that shrek is going to leave.

Doesn't look like there's going to be a statement on the 'nip it in the bud' meeting outcome today. Maybe lawyers from each side not agreeing on what the statement should say.

For what it's worth skybet 4/6, V.C evens for him signing for us in jan....

The Fixer said:
OliverKayTimes It seems Man Utd can't "nip this in the bud" tonight. If
statement re Rooney tonight, it will be a "holding" statement (via @DiscoMirror)

Errrrrr wtf is happening here then? what are these rag cnuts upto??

Wtf is a holding statment? Rooney getting cold feet? Or United not having the bottle to just admit he's going? views lads?

read some of this shit...they actually they have a chance of getting some of our players!!! :D

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f9/speculation-grows-about-replacement-311788/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f9/speculation-g ... nt-311788/</a>

Hart + Balo = Roo + cash

Deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.