So just how is Baconface going to "put this to bed"...

It will all blow over! Slur Alex will take wazza to one side and tell him he can use Mrs Slur Alex on Sunday nights for a packet of crisps and half a bottle of Scotch, then they will kiss and make up!

Tricky_Trev said:
He doesn't want to get himself in an Arsenal situation where he goes 4 or 5 years without winning something. That's why he's leaving now... BEFORE it happens.

So after 1 season (and we did actually win the Carling Cup last year), where we lost the league by a point and have strengthened, he's off? So is he going to throw his toys out of the pram wherever he ends up every year they dont win the league?

Should he, as a senior player (particularly given his form in the past 8 or 9 months) be prepared to stand up and be counted, and be one of the world class players he's talking about rather than behave like a petulant child and blame everyone but himself?

Like I say, I dont buy it, for me its down to money. If it was about ambition or the quality of the post Ronaldo/Tevez squad then why say he wanted to stay for life in May?<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:53 pm --<br /><br />
Bluemoon115 said:
Buzzers said:
I dont either but he would be if this 'conspiracy' had an ounce of truth.

The situation is obviously different from when he left Everton at 18. He joined a bigger club to continue to develop which he did.

As for medals, look at what he's won at Utd and I dont think that argument holds any weight whatsoever. We've gone 1 year without winning the league or reaching a CL final, no club can guarantee him better than that year on year at this stage. People might point and say we've lost Ronaldo & Tevez from them but likewise before we went on our last winning streak we'd lost Keane and were 'screwed', before that we'd lost Beckham, RvN... big teams lose big players... if we were in a situation like Arsenal, on the back of a number of empty years you could maybe understand but after 1 year? Sorry I just dont buy it.
You've never lost it in the past because you've always had stars to replace stars.

Cantona goes Beckham replaces him.
Beckham falls out with Fergie, Ronaldo arrives (plus Giggs & Scholes hit their peak)
Keane leaves, Rooney's there to take up the role of passionate leader on the pitch.
Ronadlo goes, Rooney also carries the weight of being the teams main goalscorer.

Rooney goes, who shouts the odds on the pitch? Who gets the goals week in week out?

And it looks like there will be no additions, which is why he wants out.

United aren't finished, but they are closer than you seem to think.

Beckham wasn't a star when Cantona left
Ronaldo wasn't a star when Beckham left

thats the point, Utd had them young to develop them.

Buzzers said:
Tricky_Trev said:
He doesn't want to get himself in an Arsenal situation where he goes 4 or 5 years without winning something. That's why he's leaving now... BEFORE it happens.

So after 1 season (and we did actually win the Carling Cup last year), where we lost the league by a point and have strengthened, he's off? So is he going to throw his toys out of the pram wherever he ends up every year they dont win the league?

Should he, as a senior player (particularly given his form in the past 8 or 9 months) be prepared to stand up and be counted, and be one of the world class players he's talking about rather than behave like a petulant child and blame everyone but himself?

Like I say, I dont buy it, for me its down to money. If it was about ambition or the quality of the post Ronaldo/Tevez squad then why say he wanted to stay for life in May?

-- Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:53 pm --

Bluemoon115 said:
You've never lost it in the past because you've always had stars to replace stars.

Beckham falls out with Fergie, Ronaldo arrives (plus Giggs & Scholes hit their peak)
Keane leaves, Rooney's there to take up the role of passionate leader on the pitch.
Ronadlo goes, Rooney also carries the weight of being the teams main goalscorer.

Rooney goes, who shouts the odds on the pitch? Who gets the goals week in week out?

Really?? Youngster from Mexico and another from Fulham coupled with a Portuguese Hobo, hardly constitute strengthening. Not when you have a plethera of ageing 'stars' to replace.

Buzzers said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Like I say, I dont buy it, for me its down to money. If it was about ambition or the quality of the post Ronaldo/Tevez squad then why say he wanted to stay for life in May?
That was before the summer transfer window, when he perhaps didn't have any doubts as to the ambition of your club. Post transfer window however, after star signings like Bebe, he may have changed his opinion and realised the future is grim at Utd.

coleridge said:
Buzzers said:
I dont either but he would be if this 'conspiracy' had an ounce of truth.

The situation is obviously different from when he left Everton at 18. He joined a bigger club to continue to develop which he did.

As for medals, look at what he's won at Utd and I dont think that argument holds any weight whatsoever. We've gone 1 year without winning the league or reaching a CL final, no club can guarantee him better than that year on year at this stage. People might point and say we've lost Ronaldo & Tevez from them but likewise before we went on our last winning streak we'd lost Keane and were 'screwed', before that we'd lost Beckham, RvN... big teams lose big players... if we were in a situation like Arsenal, on the back of a number of empty years you could maybe understand but after 1 year? Sorry I just dont buy it.

I understand that you want to stick up for your club and are bitter about the 'betrayal' by Wazza, but do you seriously believe that you are going to win trophies with your current squad and/or that the Glazers are going to cough up the relevant funds to buy? If so, I am going to have to place you on the delusional list [it's getting very long] and recommend that you seek medical attention. At least you don't buy this strange conspiracy theory, which seems completely illogical as Fergie spilled the beans first and Rooney has now left himself no way back. Imagine that, 'Your own fans booing you'. I'll just leave it at one LOL as you've been so understanding. Have a nice day and keep up with the medication... :-)

Name 1 professional apart from Roy 'I'm a little bit bitter' Keane thats come out in support of Rooney.... Its not just me defending the club, my attitude is that if a player wants to leave fair enough as long as its handled correctly, and despite what some people would say I'd point to Ronaldo on that, no falling out with the club... The way Rooney has behaved is whats disappointing, thats all.

Winning trophies is a bonus and can never be guaranteed, as long as we're playing good football and are competitive I'll be happy and yes I do think the current squad is capable of that, I'd point to last season, we only lost the league by 1 point and to a very strong and mature Chelsea side. If you're playing good football you always have a chance of winning trophies.

I'd like to see someone come into centre midfield and a naturally left footed winger but other than that I dont have massive problem. I'm not really one for big money marquee signings, I prefer when we sign young players and watch them develop I think Smalling and Hernandez will prove to be good signings and strengthen a squad that, as I say, finished 2nd last year.

As for those sounding the death knell of the club, again I dont agree, its a shit state of affairs we're in right now from a financial perspective but we'll survive.

Even with our 'shit squad' we've gone 16 games unbeaten. Even after a lackluster start to the season we're still there or thereabouts.

Reconciliation/conspiracy theory not possible imo.

Accusing the club of lacking ambition - and Ferguson by association - and effectively saying other players in the squad are not capable of competing for major titles? Talk about burning bridges!

Must sell in the Jan transfer window - so only 2 questions - does he come to us, or goes to Real or Chelsea, and does Ferguson play him as normal in the meantime?

Buzzers said:
Tricky_Trev said:

-- Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:53 pm --

Bluemoon115 said:

But they were well on their way.

Beckham was already an England international, and as I said, Scholes and Giggs hit their peaks when Ronaldo was developing.

Nani & Berbatov are scoring against a few poor team, but none of them have that magic that gets you out of jail like the true stars (hence wins turning into draws).

Wins turning to draws is more of a concern for our defense than our attack, I'd be far more concerned if we were struggling to score goals. We will eventually stop shipping goals.

IMO the most pressing thing we need is an experienced creative MF.

Buzzers said:
Wins turning to draws is more of a concern for our defense than our attack, I'd be far more concerned if we were struggling to score goals. We will eventually stop shipping goals.

IMO the most pressing thing we need is an experienced creative MF.

Once again, fair play to you for coming on here but, with the greatest of respect, all you are saying is that you hope it will turn out alright but without any form of substantiation. For example, just where will this mysterious creative midfield player come from?

I suspect that the current reaction amongst your lot is due to a perceived insult from Rooney. Most other people think it's the truth that has been uttered by Wazza. I think that you are all making a very serious mistake by singling out Rooney for abuse and blame. Any player looking on from afar will now be having serious misgiving about ever wanting to join a club where most of the fans hate the owners but agree with a manager who is in the pocket of the very same owners. Why is this simple contradiction eluding you? Should every new signing agree to give a 45 minutes speech on how he has joined for the history and the realtively poor pay that he will recieve from the Glazers is simply not relevant. You should also include a termination clause that expressly requires all players that leave must state, upon their departure, that they are going to a lesser club. Good luck with that one.

Buzzers said:
coleridge said:
I understand that you want to stick up for your club and are bitter about the 'betrayal' by Wazza, but do you seriously believe that you are going to win trophies with your current squad and/or that the Glazers are going to cough up the relevant funds to buy? If so, I am going to have to place you on the delusional list [it's getting very long] and recommend that you seek medical attention. At least you don't buy this strange conspiracy theory, which seems completely illogical as Fergie spilled the beans first and Rooney has now left himself no way back. Imagine that, 'Your own fans booing you'. I'll just leave it at one LOL as you've been so understanding. Have a nice day and keep up with the medication... :-)

"(Name 1 professional apart from Roy 'I'm a little bit bitter' Keane thats come out in support of Rooney.... Its not just me defending the club, my attitude is that if a player wants to leave fair enough as long as its handled correctly, and despite what some people would say I'd point to Ronaldo on that, no falling out with the club... The way Rooney has behaved is whats disappointing, thats all.)"

There is a difference. Ronaldo wanted to leave but it was all kept in house, Ferguson did not come out and spill the beans to the press the way he did the other day, he just kept saying that he is staying there isn’t a problem and everything in the garden is rosy.

The other day he laid it all bare in front of the press and dumped it all on Rooney, he could have just said that there is no problem and let it all die down, but that way Rooney could have gone for peanuts in the summer. So he has made sure that there is a Dutch auction for Rooney.

Rooney only responded to the criticism

I cant belive that you all still belive that everthing Ferguson says is gospel, Rooney may come to us , he may go to Chelsea who knows but by making it all public you have virtualy made sure that he goes some where.

Or then again are these constant ankle problems more serious than people make out and you need to cash in now before its to late

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.