So many changes in the squad with no loss of quality

i think we will be fine, Gundo's goals could be missed in the big games but i fancy Phil to step up with the goals, he's mature enough to handle the pressure in the big games, Rodri too of course. I have a good feeling about this season, Pep will figure out the best team and we will do well.

Yep, we’ve played one top team so far this season and lost. Far too early to tell how we’re dealing with no Gundog, no Mahrez, no Laporte, less of KDB
What a load of Bollocks ;-)

1 top team?

Assume you mean Arse who are shite and did not deserve to beat us.

Played and beat Geordie's, Brighton & Rags

Only Dips and Spuds look anything like at the mo' and tbh I think they'll both fade away!

What a load of Bollocks ;-)

1 top team?

Assume you mean Arse who are shite and did not deserve to beat us.

Played and beat Geordie's, Brighton & Rags

Only Dips and Spuds look anything like at the mo' and tbh I think they'll both fade away!
I think Arse finish above all the other teams you mention

Agree with you re the geordies, I omitted them as we played them when they were in a slump but I think they’ll be top 4 again at least

I think Arse finish above all the other teams you mention

Agree with you re the geordies, I omitted them as we played them when they were in a slump but I think they’ll be top 4 again at least
Hopefully

City, Geordies, Brighton and even Spuds to make it a Red Shite free Top 4 would be brilliant

I think we are weaker as a squad in midfield. Nunez and Covacic so far look a downgrade on Gundo, although it is early days for them. Rodri is vital to us and it's shocking how bad we look without him. Phillips should have gone in the summer and once he does we need a top class replacement.

Having said all this we can't grumble so far. Top of the league and qualified for the knockout stages of the champions league with two games to spare.

I think we are weaker as a squad in midfield. Nunez and Covacic so far look a downgrade on Gundo, although it is early days for them. Rodri is vital to us and it's shocking how bad we look without him. Phillips should have gone in the summer and once he does we need a top class replacement.

Having said all this we can't grumble so far. Top of the league and qualified for the knockout stages of the champions league with two games to spare.
Any team missing two world class players midfielders in KDB and Rodri at the same time would struggle a little bit. Wolves are just one of those teams that can turn it on against the big teams. Agree with Phillips,I had high hopes he would repeat his Leeds form for us. I guess he was shining light in a poor Leeds team and had everyone fooled.
Overall, we have to be pleased with how the team is playing at the moment. We had a rough path there with Rodri out, Peps back surgery and KDB's injury but somehow Pep and his staff have managed to get us back on track.

I think people look back with rose-tinted glasses sometimes. Last season, at this point in the season we were losing 1-0 to Liverpool having already had draws against Villa and Newcastle. We then lost again to Leicester two weeks after the Liverpool loss. Points wise we're better off this season than last, having not drawn a single game. But obviously it's hard to judge because we played different teams.

The main issue this season is that we haven't hit last season's heights in terms of goal scoring. We had 37 after week 10 last season, and only 22 this. The 6-1 against Bournemouth helped that, obviously, so now we're on 28 and back in our traditional place as top scorers in the league again. But last season, we were knocking in 4, 5 and 6 far more regularly. We scored more than 4 seven times before the middle of October in all competitions. Hopefully with the likes of Doku finding his feet in the team, we'll start to see that scoring increase.

We are doing very, very well. Honestly couldn’t be happier considering who left. But we haven’t replaced Gundo. And I don’t think the guys we have brought on will do it.

Think it will be less of a glaring issue once Kevin comes back.

We’re doing alright.
I trust this set of players to deliver because we’ve got the best manager, best DOF, best chairman and best owner in world football.
We are best in class from top to bottom but it won’t always be this way, so try and enjoy the ride and concentrate on the here and now.
There will come a time when we genuinely have shit to complain about. That times not now though, these are the days you look back on and smile to yourself, the very best times x

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.