So no Thursdays but 5pm kickoff...

minimalistic said:
RP2 said:
- any rounds after that we could be away when they're at home (or vice versa)

Could being the operative word. Surely this will depend on the draw ?

I am a bit miffed at UEFA about this 5PM kick off. There is no way I will be able to make that due to work. I hope the tickets are going to be cheap as I'm on the cup scheme. This would mean paying for something which I know I can't attend.

I agree, thank fuck for flexi time and a boss who is a City fan too but I appreciate that not everyone is in the same position (most managers in big organisations are rags either in fact or by inclination IMO (and if you are a city fan and a manager {as am I} then you probably have a manager too).

That's great news! I'm glad UEFA have been kind to us in this way. It gives us an advantage, even over the teams in the Champions League now as we will have a long rest period before EPL games at the weekend.

When the draw is made don't go straight to skyscanner or wherever booking flights as we could swap the home and away legs to avoid the Tues 5pm fiasco.

at least if we play on tuesday we can sing channel 5 thursday night.

but 5o'clock kick off is stupid, that means a day off work...

moomba said:
The fact that they are champions should have nothing to do with it. It would either be decided in our favour as having the best record in the group stages, or theirs as the highest ranked team.
They still win 2 out of 3 times and the result in the CL should have no bearing on the Europa League

I always thought the Europa League matches weren't in the same week as Champions league anyway? So there would be no clashes?

Bellers_a_hero said:
I always thought the Europa League matches weren't in the same week as Champions league anyway? So there would be no clashes?
Not since they extended the CL knockout rounds over 2 weeks to maximise the TV coverage.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
moomba said:
The fact that they are champions should have nothing to do with it. It would either be decided in our favour as having the best record in the group stages, or theirs as the highest ranked team.

They still win 2 out of 3 times and the result in the CL should have no bearing on the Europa League

It does when the CL results decide who's seeded in the EL draw.

I'll be able to go but now we're seeing what UEFA really think of the Europa League. There is no genuine reason why the game can't be played at 7:45pm on Tuesday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.