So no Thursdays but 5pm kickoff...

moomba said:
The fact that they are champions should have nothing to do with it. It would either be decided in our favour as having the best record in the group stages, or theirs as the highest ranked team.
This is in our favour as far as i'm concerned. It's GREAT news as far as our Premier League campaign goes. So we wont have as many fans there, but that's only a minor bad point as i think we'll have a greater chance of winning trophies playing Wednesday and not Thursday in Europe!

danburge82 said:
moomba said:
The fact that they are champions should have nothing to do with it. It would either be decided in our favour as having the best record in the group stages, or theirs as the highest ranked team.
This is in our favour as far as i'm concerned. It's GREAT news as far as our Premier League campaign goes. So we wont have as many fans there, but that's only a minor bad point as i think we'll have a greater chance of winning trophies playing Wednesday and not Thursday in Europe!

It may only apply to the first knockout round and for that the home tie falls between a possible FA Cup 5th round tie - or a blank weekend - and a possible Carling Cup Final!

lancs blue said:
danburge82 said:
moomba said:

It may only apply to the first knockout round and for that the home tie falls between a possible FA Cup 5th round tie - or a blank weekend - and a possible Carling Cup Final!
There's me getting excited about a Prem and Europa Lg double season!

I finish work at 2pm so it suits me fine, gotta get up at 5am so these early kick off means I can still get an early night. I can see us going all the way in this comp but the league has to be the top priority.

lancs blue said:
When the draw is made don't go straight to skyscanner or wherever booking flights as we could swap the home and away legs to avoid the Tues 5pm fiasco.

that Telegraph article says City have ruled out switching ties
City should have said something publicly though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.