So no Thursdays but 5pm kickoff...

xgorton said:
swblue said:
"UEFA - We Care About Football" - that's what it said all over the walls at the draw. If that was the case, and they didn't actually only care about money and sponsors, then rubbish like this wouldn't be happening.

I suppose at least I'll be able to get a train home the same night as a midweek game.
Its just been confirmed it will ko 6pm on the wednesday.

Billy Bullshitter?

irishblue said:
Nothing on the UEFA site yet either. I reckon people could be mixing up 6pm CET with 6pm UK time. 6pm CET is 5pm in the UK.
Nail on head. It's a 6pm ko cet which will be 5pm here. I work flexi time but live in York so will have to leave stupidly early to make it! Uefa don't give a shit about the fans, only lining their own pockets

BBC seems to suggest 5pm on Weds 22 - also confirms Braga home game switched to Tuesday 14th leaving us at Porto on Thurs 16th

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16214079.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16214079.stm</a>

This is a shit ko time, no way can do it without major restructuring of work and child care etc etc etc.
Can City do something about it.
Will they let us miss this on the cup scheme because the ko time is shite?? Needs sorting out.

minimalistic said:
I hope the club will give people on the cup scheme the chance to opt out of this one and not force us to buy tickets for a match I which some will not be able to attend. 5pm kick-off is absolutely stupid. I for one will not be able to make that. I would even struggle with a 6pm kick off as I don't work in Manchester and usually don't get back home until around 6:30.

UEFA being so precious about the CL. Who cares. People who are interested in watching the CL on TV will watch it regardless or record it, and people who are interested in watching the EL will watch that. Hardly anyone watches live TV anymore anyway.
Mate, you obviously want to see this game so, throw a sicky. Don't feel bad... they're (I assume) not going to give you the day off so, go for It. Make it three days as it'll look more genuine.

a question to those on the cup scheme,, does the cup scheme carry over from the champs league to the europa league or do you have to sign up for the europa league seperately , after all they are seperate cups and you joined to watch champs league football and not europa league

graham1312 said:
a question to those on the cup scheme,, does the cup scheme carry over from the champs league to the europa league or do you have to sign up for the europa league seperately , after all they are seperate cups and you joined to watch champs league football and not europa league
Carries over. It was called the 'European Cup Scheme' not the 'Champions League Cup Scheme' which covers the club's back as it wasn't specific.

I think the club will know that loads of people on the cup schemes will opt out and that could affect future attendances if we get through.

Based on that I think they will make this one very cheap to cup scheme members so that they stay in. Maybe a tenner or something.

The only redeeming factor for the attendance is that it's in half term.

Still reckon less than 20000 in stadium although if they keep it cheap most cup scheme members will prob still buy and attendance will be reported as 35k or something!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.