So no Thursdays but 5pm kickoff...

it's pathetic

most people who work don't finish until 5-5.30pm so how are people supposed to get there for a 5pm ko?

the 6pm ko last season v Kiev was bad enough but this is a piss take

I can remember playing Coventry midweek at 3pm in the 70's! Fortunately I was a student at the time so not a big problem. But it was a very strange atmosphere.

UEFA say no way to 6pm kick-off. They can't run the risk of it going to extra time and penners, therefore clashing with that Champions League thingamajig.

So 5pm it is - booked the hours off work. Count me in.

I hope the club will give people on the cup scheme the chance to opt out of this one and not force us to buy tickets for a match I which some will not be able to attend. 5pm kick-off is absolutely stupid. I for one will not be able to make that. I would even struggle with a 6pm kick off as I don't work in Manchester and usually don't get back home until around 6:30.

UEFA being so precious about the CL. Who cares. People who are interested in watching the CL on TV will watch it regardless or record it, and people who are interested in watching the EL will watch that. Hardly anyone watches live TV anymore anyway.

"UEFA - We Care About Football" - that's what it said all over the walls at the draw. If that was the case, and they didn't actually only care about money and sponsors, then rubbish like this wouldn't be happening.

I suppose at least I'll be able to get a train home the same night as a midweek game.

swblue said:
"UEFA - We Care About Football" - that's what it said all over the walls at the draw. If that was the case, and they didn't actually only care about money and sponsors, then rubbish like this wouldn't be happening.

I suppose at least I'll be able to get a train home the same night as a midweek game.
Its just been confirmed it will ko 6pm on the wednesday.

xgorton said:
swblue said:

Where's that from? Can't find it on the OS.

xgorton said:
swblue said:

Where mate?

xgorton said:
swblue said:

hope so, bit early but miles better than 5.

xgorton said:
swblue said:

Sky confirmed only that City wiil play on Wednesday and United on the Thursday,but no times given.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.