So, the 7 Phone Calls.......

Leighton Baines
Steven Warnock

(I think the fact that capello has taken carragher and now played him at full back,he sees him as cover for both full back positions,plus Milner can also fill in at left back,which i think will mean neither Warnock or Baines will make the plane.)

Michael Dawson
(Not featured not going)

Tom Huddlestone
Didn't really show enough when he has featured.

Scott Parker
(Not featured not going)

Michael Carrick
This could be the surprise omission. (Unless of course Barry doesn't make it)

Darren Bent
Capello doesn't seem to rate him,the press also point to his game against Brazil where he barely got a kick,but nor did Rooney in that game,so it seems a little unfair to him,either way he won't be on the plane.

For all those who say AJ isn't going,if you listen to Capellos various interviews on SSN,i would say he is a certainty.

jimharri said:
Heskey will be going and Bent will be left at home. Shame for bent as he's scored a bagful of goals this season and Heskey has scored fuck all. But didn't Rooney say somewhere that he preferred Heskey as his partner in a two up front system?
Is that to make him look even better with that useless twat next to him?

paul calfs tash said:
jimharri said:
Heskey will be going and Bent will be left at home. Shame for bent as he's scored a bagful of goals this season and Heskey has scored fuck all. But didn't Rooney say somewhere that he preferred Heskey as his partner in a two up front system?
Is that to make him look even better with that useless twat next to him?

Owen preferred Hesky as a strike partner too,so he is obviously a good foil,he may not be prolific,but if England play better and score more goals when he is in the team than when he's not,then he should be in the team,even if its not him who is doing the scoring.

What I think Capello will do:

Dawson
Warnock
Huddlestone
Parker
Johnson :(
Bent
Upson

Although if I was picking:

Upson
Warnock
Huddlestone
Carrick
Lennon/Johnson
Walcott
Bent

I'd much rather have SWP than Lennon in the squad, I genuenly consider him a better player and he's done more for England. I'm not too convinced Walcott's really going to do it on the big stage either.

Id leave out warnock,baines,hudd,dawson,barry,carrick, and one more. Crouch? He is a bit of a donkey..maybe walcott but he could prove valuable. Tough one_ i think shaun deserves a place though(great player to have in the 23)- more so than aj really,but of course i really hope that he goes as well cos he will be a revelation im sure of it. Natural graceful left footer -a rare gem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.