So the Lescott thread has been locked

The Fat el Hombre said:
Thank fuck for that. The only purpose that thread served was to prevent any decent disucssion about Lescott and his transfer to City. What's the score with things like that from here on in though? Are we gonna see an end to all points and views from different times and situations lumped together in one huge thread full of shit, or can we continue to expect more of the same?

I agree with this guy.

The thread became unreadable at a certain point and no doubt had most of us sane people heading elsewhere to follow the Lescott transfer sage.

I would have liked to have seen genuine blues feelings throughout the saga and probably wanted to add my own but after 7764346778 pages of utter shite...well was there a point?

bizzbo said:
yes yes yes, but what has been achieved by locking it? if it took on a life of it's own, isn't that a wondrous thing? there was always the transfer update thread if you just wanted the latest news.

it was plagued by flaming and other transgressions, but I found some of the banter and digressions quite entertaining. ok, it went off topic for a few pages at the end, but aren't there are still plenty of issues to be discussed regarding that transfer? should I just start another lescott thread to discuss the terms of the deal and the payments to agents, moyes not following up on his threats, the whole thing leading to the closing of the official everton forums, and what lescott has to say about the whole affair?
^
This.

Threads go off topic because that's what conversations do. What's wrong with that? It's easy to get back on topic with one post. Some posters seem to get bitter and twisted over silly little things that don't matter.

As a Mod on a Gooner site, we have the same recurring issues of when and when not to lock a thread.
However, we tend to allow the thread to continue unless posters become abusive. If the thread does happen to go off-topic then a simple bump usually does the trick. Equally, if it drift toward another thread then I usually drop a link to that thread so' to remind folks where they might want to talk about it.
I always find that highly popular topics tend to go off on a tangent after a while but, a someone commented earlier, that's the nature of conversation.
I'm sure that if any post does become offensive then there's a 'report post' button which can be activated by those offended.

However, I will say being a Mod can be a thankless task. Some may see you as a bit of a task master (mainly the attention seekers), others wonder where the jovial comic in you has gone, but they try to straddle the bridge between being a member and being staff. Not always that easy.

Just my thruppeny's worth.

Romford Pele said:
As a Mod on a Gooner site, we have the same recurring issues of when and when not to lock a thread.
However, we tend to allow the thread to continue unless posters become abusive. If the thread does happen to go off-topic then a simple bump usually does the trick. Equally, if it drift toward another thread then I usually drop a link to that thread so' to remind folks where they might want to talk about it.
I always find that highly popular topics tend to go off on a tangent after a while but, a someone commented earlier, that's the nature of conversation.
I'm sure that if any post does become offensive then there's a 'report post' button which can be activated by those offended.

However, I will say being a Mod can be a thankless task. Some may see you as a bit of a task master (mainly the attention seekers), others wonder where the jovial comic in you has gone, but they try to straddle the bridge between being a member and being staff. Not always that easy.

The mods on here are all pretty sound but I do think this merging lark is a bit weird. I understand why, in essence, but it does make threads unreadable after a day or so.

Romford Pele said:

you say there that mods have to 'distance' themself from the general forum. it doesnt happen here, unless the mods here are having there cake AND eating it. surely not?

aphex said:
Romford Pele said:

you say there that mods have to 'distance' themself from the general forum. it doesnt happen here, unless the mods here are having there cake AND eating it. surely not?

I don't think I said that (at least I didn't think I did...) but i generally try and steer clear of the carping that happens to certain members of the site. You know the ones, their posts seem to incite a torrent of opposing opinions, shall we say.

But as someone has just pointed out, your Mods seem sound.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.