so we've bought the title have we?

Chris in London said:
So, you can't buy history, class or team spirit, but you can buy the title?
According to every Rag I know, that question mark at the end of your sentence is misplaced. It should just be a full stop.

malg said:
There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that if we win on Sunday, then we've bought the title. However, so has everyone else who has won it. You can't win the title without spending - the only difference is that we've done it in a very short space of time.

Oh, can't believe Anderson cost that much!

The Anderson/Nani double deal was £15m/£17m (total £32m) to start with, but with bonuses (apps, titles, cups etc,) that total went up to £52m+ for the pair.

Hardly a bargain.

Those de silva twins went to my old school in wythenshawe, always getting up to mischief a right pair of cheeky scamps they were, but manchester through and through the pair of them

I've heard the Rags argue that the difference is that their money came from 'within the club'. I presume they're talking about their corporate income, shirt sales, gate receipts etc. Ours is apparently worse because we were just handed it by an investor.

Of course, with us knowing more about their history than their own fans, it is obvious to us that the initial income really came from when they floated on the stock market back in the early 90s. So... from...

Investors?

Kind of like us, aye?

Hypocritical wankers.

tommo74 said:
Those de silva twins went to my old school in wythenshawe, always getting up to mischief a right pair of cheeky scamps they were, but manchester through and through the pair of them

their dad worked in stolen from ivor.

de niro said:
couldn't let this go, sorry if its been done.

from the guardian.

Ferguson has, of course, spent big since the Glazers came in, with the team that started against Swansea City on Sunday costing only £1m less to put together than that sent out by Roberto Mancini against Newcastle United earlier in the day (£165.1m compared to £166.1m). But it has been evident for some time that the centre of United's team has needed bolstering and having spent big on three players in that area – Michael Carrick (£18.6m), Owen Hargreaves (£17m) and Anderson (£27m) – within a 12-month period up to July 2007, Ferguson would clearly have addressed the situation if it had been within his powers to do so.

link.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/07/yaya-toure-manchester-city-united?intcmp=239" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... intcmp=239</a>

Thanks for posting this as i thought i had dreamt that another poster had said their team in the derby cost more than ours.

Until their owners stop milking the club and start spending some cash it will only get worse for utd. Instead of dragging Scholes out of retirement they could have had Sjneider, who was practially on his knees begging to go there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.