so we've bought the title have we?

I think, but would appreciate confirmation, that Javier Hernandez was once called James Herman but due to constant bullying at his school in Ancoats he changed his name. His family were/are small time crooks with links to the Manchester underworld specifically the QSG.

Anderson cost 27 million?? I call bullshit! Cannot believe that!

BTW where are those excellent recent threads about the cost of the two teams in the most recent derby and the thread that listed most of Baconface's buys? There were some Vuoso like signings on there!! It was eye opening....

malg said:
There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that if we win on Sunday, then we've bought the title. However, so has everyone else who has won it. You can't win the title without spending - the only difference is that we've done it in a very short space of time.

I think the difference they are going on about is that United's success has been paid for by success on the pitch over an extended period of time.

we havent won the league yet, but if we do i couldnt give a flying fuck if anyone thinks we have bought it. i will be too busy celebrating

I do hope they stop saying things like that or it will spoil my enjoyment if we do win (purchase) the title on Sunday.

In fact if we do win, I suggest an internet petition asking the owners to hand it back as we hadn't won it fairly. It should then be handed on to the team who has regularly fielded a majority of players who have come through their youth teams.

So that'd be unit....... err Arsen................. Spu............ Chel....... Liv..... Ever........... Ah here they are - Hare and Hounds FC of the South Manchester Ying Tung Takeaway league division three.

Ohhhh Hare and Hounds,
The greatest football team from South Manchester League division three........

I have no interest in the "bought title" theory that people throw at me. Blackburn bought theirs by signing Shearer, Man United have bought a ton of them, Chelsea bought all theirs and Arsenal bought theirs too.

Living in Stoke on Trent I listen to this bullshit all day. But then again I live in England's toiletbowl.

haven't seen this posted elsewhere, so here goes

<a class="postlink" href="http://newsmanc.co.uk/2012/05/08/sport-manchester-city-may-have-bought-players-in-order-to-help-them-win-the-league/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://newsmanc.co.uk/2012/05/08/sport- ... he-league/</a>

Speculation is growing that Manchester City may have exchanged money for players, leading opposing fans to claim that they have ‘bought’ the title.

The Premier League was set up in 1992 as a collective non-profit cooperative with the sole objective of volunteers coming together to mutually benefit society and culture. Rule 3.2.7 prohibits any exchange of money for players or their services.

Since 1992 Manchester United have opted to grow all of their players in small pots on a windowsill in Stretford in a similar method to that used to grow cress.

Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted on only using local, organic soil after attributing Ryan Giggs’ curly chest hair to a particularly good batch of earth.

Since the inception of the Premier League Arsenal has exclusively used the website Gumtree to advertise for all of their players

Gunners midfielder Tomáš Rosický famously signed for the London club after he accidentally happened upon their ‘players wanted’ advert whilst searching the classified site for a replacement rear-wiper blade for his 1998 Hyundai Sonata.

Chelsea assembled much of their 2005/6 Premiership-winning squad from the unsuccessful applicants to Channel 4’s desert island reality television programme Shipwrecked.

And Liverpool’s current squad is entirely made up of discarded public sector managers who are compensated with buttons, small lengths of twine and delicately carved ornate fruit and vegetables, similar to those found in Thai restaurants.

Ian Simms is president of the Manchester United supporters association and spoke to News Manc regarding City’s reported use of financial methods to obtain players.

“It goes against everything the league stands for.”

“When the Premier League was set up everyone agreed that this wasn’t about money, it was about carefully nurturing players in small pots of nutrient-rich soil. Like our ancestors did.”

If City are found guilty their Chief Executive Mark Trimble could be forced to spend the next 12 months on internet forums and social media sites tediously debating what actually constitutes ‘buying a title’.

“To be fair, that does sound a bit harsh”, admitted Simms.

de niro said:
couldn't let this go, sorry if its been done.

from the guardian.

Ferguson has, of course, spent big since the Glazers came in, with the team that started against Swansea City on Sunday costing only £1m less to put together than that sent out by Roberto Mancini against Newcastle United earlier in the day (£165.1m compared to £166.1m). But it has been evident for some time that the centre of United's team has needed bolstering and having spent big on three players in that area – Michael Carrick (£18.6m), Owen Hargreaves (£17m) and Anderson (£27m) – within a 12-month period up to July 2007, Ferguson would clearly have addressed the situation if it had been within his powers to do so.

link.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/07/yaya-toure-manchester-city-united?intcmp=239" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... intcmp=239</a>

Does anyone have a player by player breakdown and confirmation of this? Need to show some ignorant red twats the facts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.