so we've bought the title have we?

marcus said:
This bollocks about them 'only spendinig the money that there success has earned them'.....

1) who fucking cares where any money comes from. I dont recall this level of bile when chelsea spent in sums never seen before.

2) united took full advantage of the marketing oppurtunity that the munich air disaster offered them. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

3) hows about the government funding there redevelopement plans for the world cup in 66?

as other people have mentioned, they no fuck all abouit there own history whilst constantly telling us that we have none!!

I hate them so fuckin much and will embrace the coming years of playing second fiddle to us!

COME ON CITY

The quote in bold is one of the biggest reasons why United have so much worldwide support when their success on the field didn't warrant it. Granted, they had a decent team but they capitalised on the Munich air crash by welcoming the worldwide swell of sorrow and charging them all for the privelege. They kicked the deceased family's out of club-owned properties and even sold the advertising to the memorial anniversary to a life assurance company.

And to think, Fergie said we sacked Hughes "unethically"

You could not make it up.

ForzaMancini said:
We have bought the title. Yes, we cannot argue with that, but you can argue the fact that so has virtually every other team, maybe with the exception of Arsenal.

Even Arsenal had a cash injection of around £50m from a benefactor in the mid 1990s that allowed them to compete with the rags for the title - that was quite boost for them and allowed them to get so arrogant about club investment now:

See quote from Tony Adams interview below:

He notes that among the most significant changes since his previous visit has been the death in April of Danny Fiszman, the diamond merchant who joined the board in 1992 and helped finance Wenger's Double-winning teams of 1998 and 2002.

"Those calling for more spending on the current team will be interested to learn how highly Adams rated Fiszman's contribution. "I think that a significant factor, 90 per cent, in why we achieved so much is that Danny Fiszman invested £50m in the club and we were able to go to the next level," he said. "I got my first decent contract at the club, so did David Seaman, we were able to bring in Dennis Bergkamp – and that was before Arsène arrived – David Platt, Patrick Vieira, Nicolas Anelka, and were able to pay them – top players from around the world."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fiszman-was-real-reason-arsenal-did-so-well-says-adams-2319483.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 19483.html</a>

bluemanc7 said:
malg said:
There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that if we win on Sunday, then we've bought the title. However, so has everyone else who has won it. You can't win the title without spending - the only difference is that we've done it in a very short space of time.

I think the difference they are going on about is that United's success has been paid for by success on the pitch over an extended period of time.

This, the money the Edwards family pumped into the club to buy players was all from selling tickets and club shirts, and certainly not from selling dodgy meat to feed school children

Funny how Arsenal have been brought into the argument.

I recommend, if you haven't been, a trip to the National Football Museum (formerly at Preston's Deepdale) now being housed in the Urbis centre, Manchester.

When I went, it was a fascinating guided tour of all things football and of course, the big controversy when Arsenal were 'invited' into the first division of English football, despite being lower in division 2 than, amongst others, Tottenham.

Bribery was mentioned but it certainly helped that they were amongst the richest teams at that time. The phrase, "same old Arsenal, always cheating" was supposedly pointing at this rather dodgy deal back in the beginning of English league football.

Even then, money was the reason that top clubs succeeded.

Every team that has won the prem has spend loads of money were just getting slaughted because we have spend it in a short space of time, so instead of the press going on about how much we've spend why don't they go on about how well we've spend because IF we win Sunday the leagues ours, witch isn't bad going !!!

ForzaMancini said:
We have bought the title. Yes, we cannot argue with that, but you can argue the fact that so has virtually every other team, maybe with the exception of Arsenal.
Not one single player came through the Arsenal youth system the last time they won the title (am I right in saying Ray Parlour was a West Ham product?). All they do is steal 16-18year olds from small French club's youth systems for absolutely fuck all, benefitting the French club in no way whatsoever. To me that's worse, much worse, than putting money back into football by spending £20+million on players. City bought Yaya for £24m, Barca bought Sanchez from Udinese, Udinese would probably have bought someone from a smaller club, that smaller club probably bought a player from an even smaller club, and so on and so on. How far would Arsenal's £500,000 go? Fucking nowhere!

Even clubs who bring through their own talent, that is their actual talent, have to spend absolute fortunes on youth systems. Matt Busby didn't go around the streets just before going home for his tea and watch a load of kids playing footbal in the street and see a talent and sign him up; James W Gibson spent a shit load of money on developing a youth system. So did Celtic a decade or two later. So did Barcelona a decade or two ago. We are about to spend millions on one.

Whether you want a good youth system, transfer players from other clubs, or both; you have to spend fortunes!

Everyone buys titles...everybody!<br /><br />-- Tue May 08, 2012 6:33 pm --<br /><br />
BlueMo' said:
27m for Anderson, Ha ha
Anderson was €30m at a time when that equated to £20.4m.

Still not £2m though is it?

danburge82 said:
ForzaMancini said:
Not one single player came through the Arsenal youth system the last time they won the title (am I right in saying Ray Parlour was a West Ham product?). All they do is steal 16-18year olds from small French club's youth systems for absolutely fuck all, benefitting the French club in no way whatsoever. To me that's worse, much worse, than putting money back into football by spending £20+million on players. City bought Yaya for £24m, Barca bought Sanchez from Udinese, Udinese would probably have bought someone from a smaller club, that smaller club probably bought a player from an even smaller club, and so on and so on. How far would Arsenal's £500,000 go? Fucking nowhere!

Even clubs who bring through their own talent, that is their actual talent, have to spend absolute fortunes on youth systems. Matt Busby didn't go around the streets just before going home for his tea and watch a load of kids playing footbal in the street and see a talent and sign him up; James W Gibson spent a shit load of money on developing a youth system. So did Celtic a decade or two later. So did Barcelona a decade or two ago. We are about to spend millions on one.

Whether you want a good youth system, transfer players from other clubs, or both; you have to spend fortunes!

Everyone buys titles...everybody!

-- Tue May 08, 2012 6:33 pm --

BlueMo' said:
27m for Anderson, Ha ha
Anderson was €30m at a time when that equated to £20.4m.

Still not £2m though is it?

Agreed 100%. All arsenal have done carry out their own 'financial doping' by buying up 16 years olds from around the world instead of doing it with players in their early 20s. Wenger on his high horse does my head in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.