so what do we do?

Bill

do we close the transfer forum? i mean why have it if a poster (any poster) is going to get abuse for posting his rumour. do we wait till the 4pm press conference before we post on here that we are signing xyz player. seems pretty fucking dim that to me.

it's a transfer RUMOUR GOSSIP AND SPECULATION forum. thats what its here for, if you dont believe a post or poster why not just stay out of it and let the others enjoy the gossip and news no matter how far fetched or how its presented.

De niro, I posted news we had agreed a fee for Agger. This is fact. I was then told I'd be banned by a MODERATOR on here a few seconds later if we didn't sign him.

de niro said:
do we close the transfer forum? i mean why have it if a poster (any poster) is going to get abuse for posting his rumour. do we wait till the 4pm press conference before we post on here that we are signing xyz player. seems pretty fucking dim that to me.

it's a transfer RUMOUR GOSSIP AND SPECULATION forum. thats what its here for, if you dont believe a post or poster why not just stay out of it and let the others enjoy the gossip and news no matter how far fetched or how its presented.

I agree - but it does beg the question - if this is the case why did Stillsy get a ban?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The transfer forum is populated by halfwits in the main.
and every other Forum on here. I've never quite understood why you need to abuse a poster if you don't agree with them. Maybe type a response to the thing you don't agree with, but I really don't get why people have to turn it into abuse. There's probably more abuse in Off Topic/The Cellar than any other Forum.

Hasn't ric and other mods already said tolmie is genuine.
His info is generally bob on and most on here including myself like to read what he post.
Poorer transfer forum without him that's for sure.

malg said:
and every other Forum on here. I've never quite understood why you need to abuse a poster if you don't agree with them. Maybe type a response to the thing you don't agree with, but I really don't get why people have to turn it into abuse. There's probably more abuse in Off Topic/The Cellar than any other Forum.
There's also far more of a community down there I'd say. We're a dysfunctional family but family nonetheless. In transfer forum it's neighbours at war.

DN.

With the greatest of respect (and I do mean that, although I have no idea who you are), closing the transfer forum because TH has flounced (which is what it would really boil down to) would be idiocy.

People have to be able to post an opinion on the validity of the knowledge provided by those who 'claim' (and it really is no more than that) to have the inside scoop.

If people do not want people to give an opinion on the validity of the knowledge that they provide, then how about they try not to claim ITKness or some kind of special knowledge, but merely debate as everyone else does.

I think that excessive abuse should be avoided, but you can't have special privileges for certain posters whose nonsense constantly brings the board into disrepute as much as the abusers. I mean, is there any reason why there was one rule for fatbloke and another for TH ? As far as I can see they are not too different sides of the same face of the same coin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.