so what do we do?

The mods on here are worse than The abusive posters. Threatening to ban anyone if what they say doesn't happen exactly how they want it to pan out.

The cookie monster said:
Hasn't ric and other mods already said tolmie is genuine.
His info is generally bob on and most on here including myself like to read what he post.
Poorer transfer forum without him that's for sure.

Totally agree, Tolmie always posted info in good faith and this forum will be all the poorer thanks to a few ill educated morons.

Well said de niro...

Tranfer window is a bit like a full moon, it brings out the crazies. But at least on bluemoon their segmented all in to one place, here!

Seems like a balance needs to be struck.

I say confine all the ITK posts to one thread like the It's Quiet thread. Anyone who goes in there agrees to not abuse any ITK no matter how right or wrong is the info. Anyone who gets wound up by ITK stuff, stick to the other threads.

The cookie monster said:
His info is generally bob on and most on here including myself like to read what he post.

With the greatest of respect, again, if I was a moderator here and saw someone who contributed to site traffic to the degree that TH does/did, then I'd call him genuine as well.

Fact is that - regardless of what TH does for a living - if he is not working FOR MCFC there is absolutely no reason why he would know any more than anyone else when it comes to who we are interested in or after.

I've never had a go at anyone posting genuine info in good faith (even Ajay - get him back - pure entertainment!) and most of the made up stuff is quite amusing too.

I think what irks some people (including some mods) is people just clogging up the board with made up BS that has no foundation at all, just because they think it's oh so hilarious to do so.

"Oh I had a text this person at Carrington today. Oh no wait, it was this person. Oh, erm, OK I just made it all up."

Like I say, I like reading all info (and obviously crossing my fingers some of it is genuine!) but at the same time, if people are free to post made up crap, people should be equally free to respond and label it as such if they wish.

lost_n_spaced said:
The cookie monster said:

With the greatest of respect, again, if I was a moderator here and saw someone who contributed to site traffic to the degree that TH does/did, then I'd call him genuine as well.

Fact is that - regardless of what TH does for a living - if he is not working FOR MCFC there is absolutely no reason why he would know any more than anyone else when it comes to who we are interested in or after.

With respect, you don't half talk some shite fella.

Not debating the validity of TH but to say someone has to work for City to be "itk" is utter nonsense.

Get them fucking orc's digging for more itk's, burn fangorn forest and chuck gdm on, he will burn for a month the alcohol sodden git :p

We could do as i do and have a ganders say cheers then go back to the cellar to talk crap.

I do pay close attention to Akai and mcrjon (i forget his exact nick) as i have seen these post info and then it happened on more than one occasion well before any media had it out.
That said, i'm sure TH is itk i just prefere to get a concise post and say thanks and be on my merry way.

The cryptic stuff was not for me but nor did i dislike it, i'm sure lot's enjoyed the way he dished out his info with the clues and such.

Those that get worked up could probably do with checking themselves a little but i also understand some users are bang into this transfer stuff and their nerves and emotions get a bit fraught with anxiety and such.

Personally i take varified itk info as true but subject to change as most business dealings are.
When it does not come off i am sure the info was genuine at the time posted or recieved by the itk.

Astuteboy said:
I've never had a go at anyone posting genuine info in good faith (even Ajay - get him back - pure entertainment!) and most of the made up stuff is quite amusing too.

I think what irks some people (including some mods) is people just clogging up the board with made up BS that has no foundation at all, just because they think it's oh so hilarious to do so.

"Oh I had a text this person at Carrington today. Oh no wait, it was this person. Oh, erm, OK I just made it all up."

Like I say, I like reading all info (and obviously crossing my fingers some of it is genuine!) but at the same time, if people are free to post made up crap, people should be equally free to respond and label it as such if they wish.

In that case you are saying that they lengths that people go to in order to create a BS story should dictate whether they are considered bannable or not.

People say that TH posted his posts 'in good faith'........... how do they know ?

Seriously now, what makes him different from someone like Zin Zimmer (or whatever the guys name was, or Ajay) ?

Is it because he types 'I am supplying this knowledge to you all in good faith' ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.