so what do we do?

This has been a bit like a Lassie movie, a nearly sad then happy ending where we all live happily ever after and win 17 more Prem titles and Champions leagues. Amen

Can't believe there's suggestions to close thie transfer forum because some posters criticise other posters!
As one may guess I live in Thailand. During the season coverage of city's games is brilliant, though I am hoping to have some very late CL nights this season. But it's not easy to get my City 'fix' in the off season.
I have only recently got a home internet connection (hence plastic lookalike sign up date!) and so I joined Blue Moon and I love it. The transfer forum is the first forum I go to...every day.

Being over here I am certainly not and never will be ITK,actually KFA by default! But by regularly visting the forum, I can become ITK in our own little City group. I like to throw my ten baht's worth into the forum. I'm happy if someone posts a reply to my post whether they agree or disagree, mildly or strongly. Isn't this one of the reasons we go to the forum?

For what it's worth, whoever they really are, I find it quite pathetic that someone quits the forum is a sulk because they have had other city fans critical of their ITK status.

jay_mcfc said:
Soulboy said:
As de Niro asked the question... "So what do we do", it appears he may also have answered it as well.

If a poster doesn't "fit in" he's set for a ban. He doesn't have to break the COC, just annoy people, then he's out.

I endured a couple of years of Mancini In / Mancini Out / Mourinho In / Mourinho Out, and never once thought anyone should get banned for holding different views, in spite of the aggro and frustration it caused.

If the poster does get a ban for this, Bluemoon is a slightly poorer place for it.

In my opinion, of course! ;-)

But what exactly was his opinion? That in his 5 minutes of being here he believed a respected member was a blatant liar who talked nonsense? Is that really an opinion or is it just stirring for a reaction? If he really, deeply thought those things, why would he feel the need to keep going on about it?

You of all people must remember the shitstorm on here for a couple of years re Hughes, Mancini, Mourinho et al.

It was far worse then. People were offering each other out on a fucking messageboard!

He was a "clever" poster, and we can't get enough of them on here. Like or dislike was irrelevant to me. He was interesting enough, and for me that's enough to endure it. I may have changed my mind after a couple of weeks of it, but this is his first day!

People who disagreed with him should have taken him on. Like you did.

Like I said, if he didn't break the COC, and I've seen previous posters survive far worse behaviour...

Ric said:
People are perfectly entitled to question the validity of any rumours posted on here, but it should be done respectfully. If you don't believe that someone has genuine info then just take what they say with a pinch of salt. Don't labour the point ad nauseum every time that user posts any gossip. That applies to anyone who shares info on here, not just Tolmie's Hairdoo.

I think the fact it's the school holidays, coupled with City's inactivity this summer, has accentuated things but everyone needs to relax a bit. It's only a forum for discussing rumours after all, and we're all Blues. No need to be at each other's throats all the time.

The problem Ric is that some of us on here aren't Blues and those who aren't create havoc in this forum. You and the moderating staff need to seriously consider dealing with those who are clearly on the wind up. It makes the forum a living nightmare to read when the same posters make statements that are only made to garner attention.

Unless he's broken the CoC I think you are in dangerous territory whereas a mod in a bad mood could reek havoc!
I've run forums and if you ban then you must quote the rule that's been broken else you leave yourself open to a right old can of worms. Just my opinion (obviously)

de niro said:
colin's bell helmet said:
lost_n_spaced said:
Mate, I wasn't the one who brought popularity into it (take a look back).

For the record, I do actually 'get' how business works.

If only people who stated that things were 'done' did (before posting them).
You're wasting your time mate, I've had the whole TH knowing fuck all debate a few windows back when he was posting cryptic song videos and various references to 'el nino' all meaningless shite....He get's a bit of stick for posting crap and then takes his ball in and all his disciples then flock too beg him to start posting again, happens every window. Take de niro's advice and just stay clear of the transfer forum or just ignore posts by certain individuals or don't react to them.

i'm with you on this, i dont get those vids either, to me post it or dont but i also accept its a bit of fun, i for the life have never been able to understand them but our members seem to enjoy the challenge. you are also spot on in that if like me you dont like them then steer clear.
why come on and slate the lad, just no need.
very true...although I did a while back through sheer frustration at the bollocks, maybe if this fella is new to the forum he's just going through the settling in period and will eventually learn to just ignore certain things and not react. Bit harsh if he's been banned imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.