So, what DO you believe?

I believe we'll get there in the end. Probably not this coming season but I believe we'll win the league the next.

I know the rest of the top clubs are bricking it. Listen to their fans. FEAR.

fbloke - I am as positive as you and anybody else - we need the manager and the team to now get on and 'do the business'

But whether we actually achieve the dominance that has not only become highly likely - but unstoppable - thanks to our owners actually depends more on events off the pitch

The constraint of course is the Platini regulations specifically aimed to stymie CITY and benefit the old guard clubs

Gary Cook and his team are going to have to do some big big deals to attract massive sponsorships - and all without the established 'winning club' reputation - this will be very hard

And Khaldoon is going to have to push through major changes to the ground and surrounding environs to generate increased income there

The clock is indeed ticking - and in these aspects it is not in our favour

That is why I think we will see major purchases this summer - so the cost is largely off our balance sheet when the rules get hard

mcfc1632 said:
fbloke - I am as positive as you and anybody else - we need the manager and the team to now get on and 'do the business'

But whether we actually achieve the dominance that has not only become highly likely - but unstoppable - thanks to our owners actually depends more on events off the pitch

The constraint of course is the Platini regulations specifically aimed to stymie CITY and benefit the old guard clubs

Gary Cook and his team are going to have to do some big big deals to attract massive sponsorships - and all without the established 'winning club' reputation - this will be very hard

And Khaldoon is going to have to push through major changes to the ground and surrounding environs to generate increased income there

The clock is indeed ticking - and in these aspects it is not in our favour

That is why I think we will see major purchases this summer - so the cost is largely off our balance sheet when the rules get hard

I fully agree with you.

You point to exactly what is needed under the new FFP rules and some would suggest we are the club least likely to be able to conduct business under them.

I take the opposite POV (again positively believing if you will) as the people who own City (I know Dam' its one person in your eyes) have known about these things since BEFORE the buyout.

I am just pulling together some bits and pieces that will shed light on the way the business will be don,e but I will be starting a new thread, as is my want, for that later on.

City are really sand truly the top of the class.

Excellent thread fbloke. As most of the more mature (in years) posters have already commented we have suffered thirty, forty,fifty years even of disappointment and frustration - altering the negative mind set is a difficult and ongoing process, but I think we will get there.
It's just not easy accepting that all this is happening to our City - follow your dreams, follow your heart and follow the mighty Blues - to the very pinnacle.

fbloke said:
Balti said:
Do I believe we can once again be the best team in England and one of the best in Europe?

Yeah it's nothing new despite what the $ky educated rag mob would like you to believe.

Full circle.

Liverpool dominated the league and United went 20+ years without a title from 68 - 92

United have dominated the league and Liverpool have gone about 20 years without a title.

Now its City's turn.

Thats what I believe and its helped by finances and academies and debt and developments.

But its what I believe.

And I cannot understand why any other CIty fan doesn't either. It seems so obvious to me.

But hey thats what belief is.

THIS. In each of their 20 years of being the best they each got to win league 18 times, before rot set in. City have only won it twice so thats 16 times out of next 20 years that'll do for me. I know that sounds a bit silly both teams had won it several times b4 their 20 years began.

I believe that Shakin' Stevens really shakes
And that Mr Kipling makes exceedingly good cakes
I'm prepared to believe that Sellafield isn't leaking
And I believe that Garry Cook thinks before speaking

I believe the Sun's good writing, Rocky films are convincing fighting
And that Club 18-30 sounds inviting
And "The Price is Right" is really quite exciting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.