So what made the difference

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by bluemoonmatt, 15 Apr 2018.

1. KS55

KS55

The new ones will total 100m. Cue Custis: This City side cost 2 billion while yewnited only cost 46p. No wonder City win all the time, the reds are SO poor, barely can afford boots.

2. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

I thought Mendy was pretty key myself. We'd have scored a hell of a lot more goals if he'd been fit.

Last edited: 16 Apr 2018
  3. BlueSiam

BlueSiam

It really only came down to conceding a few key goals....or not. We played Chelsea off the park at the Etihad and lost.
    Walker having the pace to get back and a goalkeeper who could make the odd important save helped! Delph for me was a revelation and a big part of the difference.

4. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

Major upgrades at fullbacks; squad fit enough at each position to counterpress the full 90; perfect goalie for the system.

In short, fixed every major weakness we had last season.

5. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Playing KDB in a deeper role has been amazing. That, and Ederson being an extra outfield player.

6. Tom_mcfc

Tom_mcfc

The quality and speed of our attack along with conceding fewer goals. A keeper being able to make class saves, sometimes some he has no right to save is worth its weight in gold. Delph has been fantastic although he isn't anything to do with the difference. If anything it might have restricted us slightly from an attacking point of view.

7. vmsuhail

vmsuhail

Probably. But, would we be as solid as Delph defensively ? We'll never know until next season.