So what's to be done?

the talisman said:
bluesimon said:
warringtonblue said:
Using the Liverpool players in your example, how loyal were they to their last clubs? ( apart from Gerrard who'd have fucked off if he hadn't shit himself after asking to move)

All I am saying is that unless City get an 'english' spine in general, we will suffer. We only have TWO and most likely only ONE with Milner most likely to go, compared to all the above sides that have a minimum 6/7 home nationality players. That is going to change occasionally but overall you have a solid back bone.

This is not about loyalty. Liverpool recognised the need for an english spine and have built that up over the last couple of seasons.

Liverpool? you do realise that we beat them to the title last season? and they didn't exactly shine in Europe either. Not trying to be an arse, we clearly have issues which need fixing, but trying to copy liverpool is not the answer, in my humble opinion.
Oh, and Leighton Baines, really?

As I showed above, if you look at ALL the teams I have quoted from, the overwhelming evidence is that a 'national' spine is the common denominator for all of them. I am not suggesting that the specific Liverpool team is the exact example of what City need, but in the general context of the above, no one can tell me that it is not working in general for all of those teams. Just take Liverpool out of the above listings then and the picture is even more clear. And yes - I would take Leighton Baines over Kolarov or Clichy any day of the week................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.