So what's to be done?

---------------------------STERLING-----------------------------KUN-----------------------------DE BRUNE---------------

---------------------------KOKE--------------------------------POGBA---------------------------FERNANDINHO-------

CLICHY?-------------------------MANGALA?------------------------------KOMPANY?-----------------ZABA?--

-------------------------------------------------------HART ? DISTRIBUTION--------------------------------------------

MERLIN DOESNT FIT 433 as much as it hurts love the guy
THE REST ARE SQUAD OR FUNDS
BRING KIDS THROUGH FOR DOMESTIC AND ROTATION Pozo Lopez Denayer etc

GET RID Nasri Yaya Kolo Fernando Boyato and good offers for the rest
Milner and Lamps gone

City need to buy BRITISH - and urgently. Quite simply, there is little loyalty in the spine of the team. I am not questioning their specific abilities, but many of the foreign players for City always talk about the 'project' and little about the team. Bony came coz 'he wanted to win trophies', Navas came to 'play in the premiership was always an ambition' and so on.
Do the math:
BAYERN: Neuer, Boateng, Lahm, Badstuber, Gotze, Rode, Schweinsteiger, Kurt, Muller
BARCA: Pique, Alba, Iniesta, Montoya, Busquets, Xavi, Pedro, Aregall
REAL: Ramos, Arbeloa, Nacho, Jese, Casillas, Varvajal
ATH MADRID: Moya, Juanfran, Cabi, Suarez, Koko, Garcia, Niguez, Torres
PSG: Nicolas, Zoumana, Lucas, Adrien, Blaise, Cabaye, Bahebeck
JUVE: Buffon, Chielini, Pirlo, Osbonne, Bonucci, Marchisio, Padoin
LIVERPOOL: Gerrard, Sturridge, Stirling, Lallana, Henderson, Lambert, Flanagan, Johnson
CITY: Hart, Milner

One of two of these squads might not be playing every single week, but the SPINE is solid, the work ethic LOCAL (National) and understanding most importantly, the beating heart of the training pitch is HOME NATIONAL.

Until City that National ethic in the spine of the training pitch, it will constantly flip flop from good to bad to good to piss poor. The performances this season against Stoke, Middlesborough, Burnley (H&A), West Ham, Newcastle (LC), Moscow....................were a testament to the lack of a true spirit.

We need a further 4 or 5 (if not 6, assuming Milner is on his way) to build a fucking backbone. Stirling, Kane, Berahino, Barkley, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Baines, Delph...........................there is a large list of top english players who would gladly fill their boots and play with real pride.

i am just not sure that Txiki has an 'english spine' agenda, but the evidence is clear - BUY BRITISH, BUILD LOYALTY and then sprinkle a consistent 'crack' player to keep them fresh. Aguero is absurdly brilliant but there has been no one to push him. Barca buy Suarez to keep Neymar fresh, Real buy Bale to keep Ronaldo fresh, Bayern buy Lewandowski to keep Muller fresh and so on.

Mancini was partly on the right track when he wanted to get RVP. The principle was to make sure, every season, City bring in ONE MAJOR, SIGNIFICANT, GAME CHANGING TALENT (RVP did effectively take the title from us).

Go get Stirling, Pogba, Barkley and Baines (I still think he has got 2/3 good seasons in him and I would have him in a flash over Kolarov and Clichy) for starters.................

If you read the article on ESPN from the Guardian we are selling just about everyone and starting again. Now that is stupidity because it takes time for "strangers" to perform as a team, and that is what we need - a TEAM playing for each other, not individuals plying their own skills. And we don't have tine because I don't think the Sheik wants to wait many more seasons for European success.

bluesimon said:
City need to buy BRITISH - and urgently. Quite simply, there is little loyalty in the spine of the team. I am not questioning their specific abilities, but many of the foreign players for City always talk about the 'project' and little about the team. Bony came coz 'he wanted to win trophies', Navas came to 'play in the premiership was always an ambition' and so on.
Do the math:
BAYERN: Neuer, Boateng, Lahm, Badstuber, Gotze, Rode, Schweinsteiger, Kurt, Muller
LIVERPOOL: Gerrard, Sturridge, Stirling, Lallana, Henderson, Lambert, Flanagan, Johnson

One of two of these squads might not be playing every single week, but the SPINE is solid, the work ethic LOCAL (National) and understanding most importantly, the beating heart of the training pitch is HOME NATIONAL.

Until City that National ethic in the spine of the training pitch, it will constantly flip flop from good to bad to good to piss poor. The performances this season against Stoke, Middlesborough, Burnley (H&A), West Ham, Newcastle (LC), Moscow....................were a testament to the lack of a true spirit.

We need a further 4 or 5 (if not 6, assuming Milner is on his way) to build a fucking backbone. Stirling, Kane, Berahino, Barkley, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Baines, Delph...........................there is a large list of top english players who would gladly fill their boots and play with real pride.

i am just not sure that Txiki has an 'english spine' agenda, but the evidence is clear - BUY BRITISH, BUILD LOYALTY and then sprinkle a consistent 'crack' player to keep them fresh. Aguero is absurdly brilliant but there has been no one to push him. Barca buy Suarez to keep Neymar fresh, Real buy Bale to keep Ronaldo fresh, Bayern buy Lewandowski to keep Muller fresh and so on.

Mancini was partly on the right track when he wanted to get RVP. The principle was to make sure, every season, City bring in ONE MAJOR, SIGNIFICANT, GAME CHANGING TALENT (RVP did effectively take the title from us).

Go get Stirling, Pogba, Barkley and Baines (I still think he has got 2/3 good seasons in him and I would have him in a flash over Kolarov and Clichy) for starters.................

I understand what you are saying but it does not just come down to going out and buying British players.... the loyalty side can come from putting in players like Lopes and Pozo into the 1st team from the academy. And I think that has to happen this summer with these 2, more so Lopes

Playing for the academy team installs that sense of belonging when you are young to the team you are associated with, and that is what we are lacking

BlueMoonz1977 said:
TFC said:
Marvin said:
Navas, Nasri, Clichy, demichelis, Milner. All essential players. Like to think Yaya Toure will improve next season as well.

Dzeko, Jovetic, Kolarov would be the players I'd be looking to move on

Impressed by your optimism but I think the little men in white coats might be on the way round to yours Marvin ;)

Keeping players like Nasri, Navas, Clichy, Demi and Milner is being complacent = they have been here long enough and offer very little along with Dzeko, Jovetic and Kolarov.

Would any of them walk into Real, Barcelona or Bayern team - no.

Ship them out and get fresh young quality players in

The problem with the mass clear out is that we're unlikely to get anything like top dollar for the players we ship out. Yaya is coming up to 32 and his reputation has been severely dented, as has the reputation of players like Nasri, Dzeko, Jovetic. How much realistically can we expect to get for players like Clichy, Kolarov, Sagna, Fernando? We also face losing Milner and Lampard on frees, Players that will need to be replaced. Simply replacing these players will result in a huge net spend which will not then leave money for any "crack" players.

we have to many squad players, when everyone is fit senior players can't make the bench that can't be right

ideally we would have 11 world class players or at least top end.....5-6 versatile squad players who can play a number of positions

rest of squad made up of youth.

Despite what we all wish with a slew of players being moved on and younger ones being brought in the fact is the only way that we can reboot is by being creative with our transfer dealings. The problem is that the likes of Jovetic and Yaya seem to be drawing interest from Italy and that presents a big issue. Dealing with them is a nightmare as they literally have no funds of any note so we end up giving players away which leads to a big issue with FFP. Similarly dealing with clubs over English players - Sterling for example, means we have to pay at least double what they are worth. This is where the men charged with selling and buying should earn their corn. In my opinion we have to use our assets in swap deals and that may mean selling someone who we shouldn't. To get a Pogba or Koke we have to make some hard decisions. I think as fans we should approach this summer with excitement. Being honest I have to admit that this season has seen me suffer a waning in my enthusiasm for football generally, and perhaps the fact we need to overhaul will reignite many of us. The fact is that the atmosphere at the etihad along with some of our players has grown stale so let's hope that this coming off season proves to be a significant turning point.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
bluesimon said:
Do the math:

I understand what you are saying but it does not just come down to going out and buying British players.... the loyalty side can come from putting in players like Lopes and Pozo into the 1st team from the academy. And I think that has to happen this summer with these 2, more so Lopes

Playing for the academy team installs that sense of belonging when you are young to the team you are associated with, and that is what we are lacking

Pozo is no where near ready for the 1st team!

bluesimon said:
Do the math:

Using the Liverpool players in your example, how loyal were they to their last clubs? ( apart from Gerrard who'd have fucked off if he hadn't shit himself after asking to move)

I seem to remember that when Tevez wanted away it did not seem to affect his attitude on the field. Despite all his failings he seemed to be professional with his work rate in all the games he played for City.

Whilst Yaya has never been an industrious player off the ball his total indifference is in total contrast to Mr Tevez.
I wonder if the fact that he can get away with this has caused resentment among his colleagues ? We see others having lazy days and for some reason some who are normally the reliable spine of our team becoming uncertain and lacking confidence.

I am a little apprehensive about training as well. Cannot see the ones who are indifferent to the work ethic pulling their tripe out during training so maybe they are more of a disruptive influence to teamwork than helping it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.