So will Mancini rotate the full backs again v Napoli?

Play the best team in the big games. Bob got it massively wrong again in the Champs League!!

We played the wrong full backs and lost, what was Mancini thinking? Their team is based on the counter attack with pace, so we play our 2 slowest fullbacks! Not only that Micah would have bombed forward more, Zabba is a great pro but this was the totally wrong game.
Mancini has taken the plaudits but for me the buck stops with him tonight.

Rammy Blue said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Rammy Blue said:
Big mistake from bob, don't like to be right on this occasion but unfortunately I was.

it was like he felt compelled to play zab and ak - no doubt in my mind that we'd of won the game with micah and clichy - the 1st half especially before they tightened up second half was there for countless opportunities to load the ball in, fucking kolorov couldn't load a spectrum zx

Knew bob would do it, mate, fuck knows why but he's done it every time and it's cost us.

Bob had a mare tonight, gazbaz should have played, serg instead of dzeko, subs too late.

Bad day at office.

Spot on.

He did indeed rotate the full backs . . . . .

Swapped our 2 good ones for a couple of dustbins.

No offence to any dustbins reading like!

The reason why we didn't win at home, and the reason tonight.

napoli worked it out at our place, and tonight there manager must have been rubbing his hands together when he saw the same line-up yet again.

too compact, napoli packed the centre and basically picked us off in the middle like they did at eastlands and scored, and again tonight did the same thing.

napoli at the back are good, but tonight they were their for the taking quite simply.

Clichy is like a permanent left winger, he creates space and stretches teams across the centre. tonight i never saw that.

it was like jimmy grimble, 'give it to silva' and hope for the best.

if Silva haden't been on the pitch tonight, we would of been setting up tents in our half.

The selections confirm that Premier league title is priority, I expect full reserves to be fielded in uefa cup in new year.
Richards may not have been fit, not even on bench. I think that is also why Aguero didnt play long - not convinced fully fit.
Heres hoping Richards and Clichy return at Anfield

Half time and Platt stating that we need to get the ball wide to 'get behind them' were his words. They were solid through the middle and it was obvious to anyone the only way of beating them was with width. So why didn't we have the best attacking right back in the country on current form playing? Or at least on the bench? Was he injured?

The team should have been

.....HART.....

RICHARDS KOMPANY LESCOT CLICHY

.....BARRY TOURE.....

MILNER SILVA

AGUERO BALOTELLI

That is our best team on current form and in a must win game that is the team which should have played. The time for ANY other deviation from this team is against any team in the League Cup or the usually lower ranked teams in the Premier League and for shite teams we may play in the FA Cup.

Needed to play the two quickest full backs (Micah and Clichy) tonight against a quick and strong Napoli attack

JOGAMIGMOG said:
Half time and Platt stating that we need to get the ball wide to 'get behind them' were his words. They were solid through the middle and it was obvious to anyone the only way of beating them was with width. So why didn't we have the best attacking right back in the country on current form playing? Or at least on the bench? Was he injured?

The team should have been

.....HART.....

RICHARDS KOMPANY LESCOT CLICHY

.....BARRY TOURE.....

MILNER SILVA

AGUERO BALOTELLI

That is our best team on current form and in a must win game that is the team which should have played. The time for ANY other deviation from this team is against any team in the League Cup or the usually lower ranked teams in the Premier League and for shite teams we may play in the FA Cup.

What you say is spot on mate.Lets be honest it's obvious Clichy and Richards should have started.Even so Mancini must have been fuming with the way we started that 2nd hald.Platt sais we need to stop trying to play through the middle and get it wide early.Then 3 times at the start of the half Toure and De jong ignore the simple pass wide and give the ball away cheaply.

This was one of our biggest games of the season and basically decided whether we progressed in the Champions League or not, in my opinion Bobby should have played Clichy Richards and Barry but that said all managers make mistakes its just a matter of how many and this fella don't drop that many clangers,just hope he learns from his mistakes that's all we can ask. Onwards and upwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.