So you want to go by train to the Community Shield?

JGL07 said:
goataldo said:
Doncaster return looks the best option, £35 return.
How tricky is it to get to Wembley from Kings cross?
There is a direct underground service to Wembley Park from Kings Cross on the Bakerloo line.
Thank you, how long a journey is it?
My train back is 18.45

goataldo said:
JGL07 said:
goataldo said:
Doncaster return looks the best option, £35 return.
How tricky is it to get to Wembley from Kings cross?
There is a direct underground service to Wembley Park from Kings Cross on the Bakerloo line.
My train back is 18.45

No there isn't lol. It's not the Bakerloo Line, it's the Metropolitan from Kings X to Wembley Park. Bakerloo goes from Baker Street to Wembley Central (west end of stadium).

Journey time from Central is about 35 minutes on London Overground, about 40 mins on the Bakerloo Line. Not used Wembely Park before but I would suggest it's about 25-30 mins also. Remember there'll be significant queuing to access both stations (at least an hour at Central straight after the game), so may be worth going for a pint first.

It will be a first time trip to Wembley for me and my boys and I was planning to drive to Watford Gap and get the train from there straight to Wembley. Is there anything I need to be aware of that makes this not a good plan?

journolud said:
It will be a first time trip to Wembley for me and my boys and I was planning to drive to Watford Gap and get the train from there straight to Wembley. Is there anything I need to be aware of that makes this not a good plan?
Last season my brother drove to Watford (not Watford Gap?). We parked at Watford Metropolitan Tube Station and got the Tube into Wembley Park. There are 2 tube lines in Watford. We got the Metroplitan line so we could go into Wembley Park and walk down Wembley Way. Parking at the Tube was cheap (£2 or so) and secure.

Was very good and would do it again if able to drive down.

Only snags are that on the way back to Wembley Park Tube you run the risk of being held up for 10 mins or so as Police filter fans off Wembley Way, and also Watford Met is on a spur off the Metropolitan line and not all the trains go there.

Marvin said:
journolud said:
Last season my brother drove to Watford (not Watford Gap?). We parked at Watford Metropolitan Tube Station and got the Tube into Wembley Park. There are 2 tube lines in Watford. We got the Metroplitan line so we could go into Wembley Park and walk down Wembley Way. Parking at the Tube was cheap (£2 or so) and secure.

Was very good and would do it again if able to drive down.

Only snags are that on the way back to Wembley Park Tube you run the risk of being held up for 10 mins or so as Police filter fans off Wembley Way, and also Watford Met is on a spur off the Metropolitan line and not all the trains go there.

Just bear in mind that quite a few Arsenal fans could be heading in and out of there too.

Easy we,re driving down sat night got hotel booked straight to wembley on Sunday morning£55:00 all in minibus fuel&hotel;-)

The Blue Right Hand said:
goataldo said:
JGL07 said:
My train back is 18.45

No there isn't lol. It's not the Bakerloo Line, it's the Metropolitan from Kings X to Wembley Park. Bakerloo goes from Baker Street to Wembley Central (west end of stadium).

Journey time from Central is about 35 minutes on London Overground, about 40 mins on the Bakerloo Line. Not used Wembely Park before but I would suggest it's about 25-30 mins also. Remember there'll be significant queuing to access both stations (at least an hour at Central straight after the game), so may be worth going for a pint first.
Many thanks, much appreciated.

Change in brum and get chiltren trains direct to the ground from Moor Street which is 2 min walk from New street, probbaly quicker than piss arsing about on the tube anyway :)

dowty said:
Thinking of going down on the Megabus, dirt cheap and gets you down there well early.

Was thinking this myself,does it go to wembley or London Central?

we don't even get a name check

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.london-attractions.info/fa-community-shield.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.london-attractions.info/fa-c ... shield.htm</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.