So you want to go by train to the Community Shield?

My mate said:
dowty said:
Thinking of going down on the Megabus, dirt cheap and gets you down there well early.

Was thinking this myself,does it go to wembley or London Central?

Terminates at London Victoria so you have the arse ache of getting across town. Unless they've changed things of course. Not sure if it stops anywhere on route in North London.

journolud said:
It will be a first time trip to Wembley for me and my boys and I was planning to drive to Watford Gap and get the train from there straight to Wembley. Is there anything I need to be aware of that makes this not a good plan?

We drove to Haddenham & Thame for the LC and got the train from there, plus there's services/Travelodge between the M40 junction and the station so all options covered. Loads of parking spaces too.

quote="hello"]Change in brum and get chiltren trains direct to the ground from Moor Street which is 2 min walk from New street, probbaly quicker than piss arsing about on the tube anyway :)[/quote]
I looked at that route, they still do not know how rail works will affect that route as well.Hope at least this one is okay.Seems you have to change now as well.

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.nationalrail.co.uk/pj/jd?responseId=4&journeyIndex=1&journeyType=s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.nationalrail.co.uk/pj/jd?respo ... rneyType=s</a>

Sorry to be a bit slow here does this meen there is no point parking at watford junction and getting the train to wembley cetral ?

johnbmcr said:
we don't even get a name check

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.london-attractions.info/fa-community-shield.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.london-attractions.info/fa-c ... shield.htm</a>

The best line in that is - 'it's usually contested between Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool'.

Have Arsenal been in it in the last 8/9 years?

When did Liverpool last play in it?

Wigan have played in more over the past 5 years than Liverpool and the Arse combined!

This will be our 3rd in 4 seasons.......

willy eckerslike said:
journolud said:
It will be a first time trip to Wembley for me and my boys and I was planning to drive to Watford Gap and get the train from there straight to Wembley. Is there anything I need to be aware of that makes this not a good plan?

We drove to Haddenham & Thame for the LC and got the train from there, plus there's services/Travelodge between the M40 junction and the station so all options covered. Loads of parking spaces too.

Looks a decent option, Travelodge at Aylesbury £38 if I book now and family saver in to London £31 which includes unlimited travel. I might go down the night before, only problem being we return from Anglesey on the saturday

its a Barm said:
Sorry to be a bit slow here does this meen there is no point parking at watford junction and getting the train to wembley cetral ?

that line should be ok.. i think it's just the fast lines that the work is on but stand corrected..

we planning to get the overground from Watford to wembley central..

wembley

what a shite cockney shitehole

could it be in a worse location for anyone who is not a cockernee?

willy eckerslike said:
My mate said:
dowty said:
Thinking of going down on the Megabus, dirt cheap and gets you down there well early.

Was thinking this myself,does it go to wembley or London Central?

Terminates at London Victoria so you have the arse ache of getting across town. Unless they've changed things of course. Not sure if it stops anywhere on route in North London.

Megabus does not make any stops in London on it's way to Victoria Coach Station . Also, you will not be allowed on with alcohol!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.