Society as we know it to collapse within 20 years

Let's all try and keep a sense of proportion and appreciate what's really important.

I'm sweating on getting a ticket for Anfield in the 1PM window and some of you are worried about society crumbling.

I think we shall end up with a dictatorship.

It will (in Britain) not be presented as such, but as a form of 'democracy' that performs 'the will of the people'.

We are already three-quarters of the way there. It's not the politicians you need to worry about but the sinister cunts who sit behind them, most of whom you will never have heard of.

Capitalism always manages extreme crisis by putting some form of fascism in place. It's just that some varieties of fascism are more subtle than others. You won't necessarily see jack boots, snazzy uniforms or blokes in long leather coats. It will all be very 'British' and 'respectable'. Government will carry on in the name of the King, and many people will barely discern the change.

Haha

I knew he meant raccoons ffs

I was doing a funny.
Someone I know has been doing doing work for a visual effects company called Chocolate Tribe, which is owned by a black South African woman who is quite a strong personality. We’ve debated at some length about the name, given the circumstances, but who is going to call the MD out on it?!

It must send the virtue signallers into a tailspin!

I think we shall end up with a dictatorship.

It will (in Britain) not be presented as such, but as a form of 'democracy' that performs 'the will of the people'.

We are already three-quarters of the way there. It's not the politicians you need to worry about but the sinister cunts who sit behind them, most of whom you will never have heard of.

Capitalism always manages extreme crisis by putting some form of fascism in place. It's just that some varieties of fascism are more subtle than others. You won't necessarily see jack boots, snazzy uniforms or blokes in long leather coats. It will all be very 'British' and 'respectable'. Government will carry on in the name of the King, and many people will barely discern the change.

Sorry mate but we are objectively, categorically absolutely nowhere near “three quarters of the way” to living in a dictatorship.

Our political system has deep problems but compared to most other places in the world, the UK is a haven of freedom. Why do you think millions of people around the world risk life and limb to come and live here?

File that alongside calling people “fascists” willy-nilly. It’s insulting to people who suffer under actual dictatorships and totalitarian regimes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.