solor panels

shadygiz said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Max_Headroom said:
Yes but you are ok i am a fellow miserable git.

I have often wondered (as they are popping up here also) what happens if something goes wrong with your roof, will you have to get the company back to remove the panels then get the roof fixed then call the company back to reinstall the panels, if the answer is yes this could be very expensive.

Assuming you have to get scaffolding put up etc to have the roof fixed, I don't imagine it would cost too much to get the firm to take the panels off and put them back on again. If it was only a small bit of the roof needing repaired then they would probably only have to remove and replace one or two of the panels which wouldn't take them long at all and if a really large amount of the roof needing repairing then you're going to have a massive bill on your hands anyway and I would imagine the removal and replacement of the panels would be a tinyl fraction of that bill. The initial fitting took them all day as they took slates off, drilled into the beams in the loft etc but I think taking them off now would be a really quick job. The firm that did ours did say some firms aren't fitting the panels properly though and it is causing roofs to leak so important to get a reputable firm.

even though it only takes a few hours to remove the panels, you will probably end up with a fee for the full day as they cant send the guys elsewhere for a few hours.

same goes when they come to refit the panels after the roof works

If it was one of our installs,roofer and spark,would take wide base tower,complete job within the day.

unsworthblue said:
government backed for upto 25 years,15% return on your investment blah blah!!! i'm not having it,in 3 or 4 years time people will be on watchdog and some of these conmen will be going to jail over these scams

Think you're on about the feed-in tariffs which are a 25 year investment!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.