Some more info.( update page 47 )

Re: Some more info...................

GStar said:
I think the fact people are willing to cast aside aside talent and potential for a "quick fix" says more about what our new found wealth has done to sections of our supporters.

Tevez doesn't feel he's getting his oppourtunity at utd, decides to move on - he's a legend.

Sturridge doesn't think he'll get a chance at City, has ambtion to challenge for honours, moves on - he's a greedy bastad.

I mean the hypocrasy is so plain its laughable that people just don't see it.

John Terry has been an exceptional CB, and im sure he'll continue to be so. But he absolutely no reason to come to City other than picking up even more than his current £100k plus.

So, where do we draw the line? Should we bid for Ferdinand too; because he's arguably an even better player in the same position. Should we bully Madrid into lending us Kaka, stick Ireland on the bench, because, you know, Kaka is better than Ireland, despite one of them actually having the connection to the club and the talent to play for us.

I like this summer, we're buying playerrs that will take us up a level, players that still have something to prove and players who have time to become affiliated and attached to the club. Not only that but it seems our best academy graduates still have thier place in the team. Cook made it clear he wants to keep this club connected to the community and the fans, yet some of our fans just seemingly want to see a FM style team, which, imo would lead to failure long term.

or we could just stick with players who arent good enough and bring through the youth, idolise them and win fuck all!!!!! er hello been there done that now lets do it the way that clubs who win things do!

He did actually... was spoken for a good hour of so on the 'chat' section on the portal and was posted about in the announcements area.

<a class="postlink" href="http://bluemooners.heavenforum.com/portal.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bluemooners.heavenforum.com/portal.htm</a>

Thank you Clarkey :D

I clocked this the other day.. It was on other threads at exactly the same time. It seemed abit random at the time

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=127828&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=127828&start=40</a>

Marvin said:
You don't want John terry, and on what basis cos you don't like his personality. You don't know him! And as for anybody who doesn't rate him as a footballer!!!

Deal wont happen in a million years. If it did, it would signal the end of CFC as a top 4 club

There's footballing opinion, and debate, and then there's just cringeworthy stupidity.

No one is doubting his footballing ability but some of his behaviour on the pitch such as always complaining and cheating is not the type of thing I want associated to my club. In my book Terry is another Keane and I wouldn't have wanted that horrible **** at our club and I don't want this horrible **** at our club.

Okay, that's settled then....lets stick with Richard Dunne....

mcfc2607 said:
Sturridge doesn't think he'll get a chance at City, has ambtion to challenge for honours, moves on - he's a greedy bastad
WHAT. he is a greedy bastard. he carnt get a game at city so you think hes going to chelsea to start.
he is only goin chelsea because they are offering him more money on his contract. if he was going for his future etc.. he would have gone to a club like bolton, stoke. where he would have started every game and progressed. i carnt see him starting any game next year for chelsea.

so yes he is a GREEDY BASTARD.

I never said that now did i. He see's no light at the end of the city tunnel, and theres absolute no proof to say Sturridge is going to Chelsea purely for financial reasons, most likely because it isnt true.

Why on earth would he go to Bolton or Stoke? Perhaps he believes in three years time he'll have developed to a stage where he can break into a team which is at the top of the European game. Where as at City,he never felt he'd get that oppourtunity with us being so eager in the transfer market.

As i said, look at the situation objectively...

kippax casual said:
Marvin said:
You don't want John terry, and on what basis cos you don't like his personality. You don't know him! And as for anybody who doesn't rate him as a footballer!!!

Deal wont happen in a million years. If it did, it would signal the end of CFC as a top 4 club

There's footballing opinion, and debate, and then there's just cringeworthy stupidity.

No one is doubting his footballing ability but some of his behaviour on the pitch such as always complaining and cheating is not the type of thing I want associated to my club. In my book Terry is another Keane and I wouldn't have wanted that horrible **** at our club and I don't want this horrible **** at our club.

So you would be happy to forgo success to put out a team of nice guys? And yiour quite happy having Bellamy in the team, whos reputation also precedes him?

Trigger said:
or we could just stick with players who arent good enough and bring through the youth, idolise them and win fuck all!!!!! er hello been there done that now lets do it the way that clubs who win things do!

Missed the point of my posts completely.

You're honestly telling me you've written off Onuoha and perhaps even Kompany already? And that Lescott (who i think would be a great buy) and Terry (im not as keen on) are the answer?

Heres an idea, how about we do things OUR way, lets keep building with players that have a reason to choose us, lets keep ourselves distiguished from the arrogent fuckwits like utd. Rather than throwing money at world class players just because they're world class lets build properly. Long Term, nuture the talent we have and acquire.

FFS spursmad gives us some news and everybody goes into "I hate that c**t" mode (regarding Terry).

Fact is Terry has been 1 of the best CentreBacks in the league for many seasons and because he has maybe been abit of a spoon outside of football, you all hate him! He would single handedly take our defence to the next level which is something which is much needed. He is Englands captain and a natural born leader which we lack at the minute.

If we do get him, im guessing if he was a major part of us winning something this year you wouldnt cheer him? Exactly, hypocritcal to say the least.

One thing that could sweeten the deal for Terry is his sponsorship with Umbro i.e joining us, being sponsored by Umbro and earning a shit load in Image and sponsorship rights. Like Kaka with Adidas.

Terry maybe a tit outside of football but when he is playing there is no doubting he is awesome and for me would be a welcome addition to the squad

GStar said:
leewill31 said:
i agree with most you have put in this post and the other but on a footballing side john terry is world class and whether or not he comes for the money he will be a world class central defender in our back line and will do the job asked of him.

what other reasons does a footballer need to come to a football club play football to his best and get paid for it??
(with all the money that is about with football these days the love of the club comes second with most players these days im afraid)

With most players yes, but he's spent his entire career at one club, because he's wanted to.

Players move on to play in Europe, in a better league, for a new challenge. I don't think it's all about the money fullstop. In this case Terry is taking a deffinate, if perhaps temporary step down. He's got everything he needs at Chelsea; Captain, domestic and european title challenges, a huge pay packet, i'd guess he's one of the most important and respected mebers in the dressing room too.

Whilst Barry can make the step up with us, Terry can merely mimick what he's already done with with Chelsea. Isn't he a Chelsea fan too? No matter what papers say, theres usually football reasons (Eto'o can tick the PL off on his CV) as well as financial reasons behind a move. There wouldn't be here.

I don't think he fits in with our club culture either. We don't tend to surround and bully officials etc and if the rumours about Terry being chosen over Mourinho are true id be even more worried.

How do you know what Terry's motivation is for this move? For all you know there could have been a major bust up behind the scenes and City have got wind of this, or even been approached by his agent. You've swallowed the media hype that any player that wants to sign for us is doing so solely for the money, when in truth, this will never happen, coz these lads are wealthy enough to put their careers first. Could it just be that people can see whats happening here, and want to be a part of it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.