Some of You Need To Understand

MonsallBlue said:
kenzie115 said:
I agree it doesn't matter how we get there as long as we get there, but once we are there, would you still be happy to accept this standard of football if it meant winning a few more trophies than playing beautiful football?

I think the "beautiful football" will come once we get settled at a high playing level. We are new to this top4 stuff and being everyones cup final at this level. We have been there in the old div 1 and div 2 etc but prem is way different.

You didn't answer my question though ;)

I'm so relieved to see this thread........ Some of the phone-ins would have us believe that everybody is against Mancini. If you want a comparison between Hughes and Mancini, try this. Trophies won by Mancini as Manager - Italian cup 3 times, with 3 different clubs, Serie 'A' with Inter, a club who had previously not won it for years, thus breaking the stranglehold of their local rivals. Trophies won by Hughes as a manager..... er.... exactly! - NO COMPARISON. Mancini WILL bring us success, given time. Just remember, it wasn't Mancini who blew £200million on players, many of whom aren't up to it. He must be tearing his hair out at the slack passing and careless defending he has inherited. I'll bet he can't wait to get to the summer to clear out the dead wood and get some real winners in. In the mean time, get behind him and the lads. One thing we should have picked up from last night - the Brittania Stadium is a couldron where the home fans back their team and manager to the hilt. They don't worry that the football is of limited quality and as a consequence are an asset to the team.

kenzie115 said:
MonsallBlue said:
I think the "beautiful football" will come once we get settled at a high playing level. We are new to this top4 stuff and being everyones cup final at this level. We have been there in the old div 1 and div 2 etc but prem is way different.

If it meant trophies then yes I would accept it for a while, but winning trophies will improve the standard of football I think (hope) :)

Ricster said:
MANCINI IS NOT HUGHES!

All i've been reading this morning is Hughes would ave done it this way, Hughes' team would've scored 4, the football was better under Hughes, Hughes brought excitement, Hughes equals goals.

Do you honestly know what it sounds like. Being back in primary school with the old 'my dad is better than your dad' argument.

The fact is, we have a great oppotunity coming up against Liverpool on Sunday. It could actually be our most important game of the season, and one we definately have to unite for. Our players need us more than ever!

Look positively at things.

W 5, D 1, L2, which has taken us up into the top 4. Never mind how we're playing who would have took this table, as it stands now, at the start of the season?

Team Pld W D L F A Diff Pts
1 Chelsea 26 18 4 4 61 22 39 58
2 Man United 26 18 3 5 62 21 41 57
3 Arsenal 26 16 4 6 61 30 31 52
4 Man City 25 12 9 4 48 33 15 45
5 Liverpool 26 13 5 8 43 27 16 44

We're in 4th. Play an average Liverpool on Sunday with a great opportunity of going 4 clear of Liverpool who i believe to be our main contenders for 4th. Then we still have that game in hand that everyone was so keen to point out when MH was in charge.

I agree, its not pretty to watch but, if it takes us into the Champions League and gets us the world class and a better quality player that i expect we've all been hoping for then isn't that the whole point?

Its not how we get there, its a case of we must get there. I think everyone will agree, there isn't a better time to break into the top 4. The opportunity is there and there is also the chance it will cost the other teams, especially Liverpool, who's debt will come into play, if we do.

I couldn't give a toss if we are branded the Arsenal of old, or if we play worse than we already are, as long as we are picking up the same or more points as our closest rival, come May i'll be able to read up on City fans travel arrangements for Europe and the CL, whether it be by Cruise liner or Fishing Boat, like those fans trying to make the EB/Streymur game, it doesn't matter how we get there, as long as we get there.

Arsenal play fantastic football but their fans are dismayed that they, the most consistent club in English football history in wins and trophies (they've won more games than anyone else and won titles in every decade for the last 110 years!!), aren't winning any trophies! they are starting to understand that beating Blackburn and Wigan 6-1 is all well and good but when it comes to beating Chelsea and United - and City might I add!! - that, well, they don't!

On our rise up we just need to rise up, whether it's ugly or not the only important thing is that we rise up! when we get to be in a position where we're challenging for honours then I'll be looking to be entertained because we'll be in the elite and have the best players! right now there's a better goalkeeper and central defender playing for Fulham, there's a better centre of midfield playing for Everton, equally good wingers playing for Villa and there's an equally good striker playing at Spurs that we have right now! all these teams I've mentioned are good but they also have terrible, unconvincing, inconsistent performances; just like us!
In 5 years time we won't be saying that and that is when I'll be expected to be entertained!

I've said for a few years that Liverpool will never win the title with Rafa Benitez as I don't think he has the ingredients to be get his team ruthless and consistent enough to do so! if I think that I'm sure there are Lpool fans thinking the same! and they are having their worst season for 6 or 7 years! yet every game they show their positive support to their manager and their team! and do you know what they've started to pull out of a slump in results!
We, on the other hand, haven't been in this position in the league for 30years, are, on the whole, the complete opposite! the negativity coming through in the stands, in the pubs, and on this forum especially, is unbelievable!

We've no once had a full strength side to pick from all season neither don't forget! and besides these players aren't as great as many people seem
to think they are so tell me how we could possibly be doing better!

GET BEHIND THE FUCKIN TEAM! Sunday is a HUGE game and the team need our full positive support!

CTID

What is happening look at the league table

We are fourth with a spare game, the scousers would swop with us now.

Yes we are playing more defensive football but the ultra attacking football we started the season with could not last, teams had already started to suss us out by packing their midfield and dominating that part of the game. Even Burnley outplayed us in midfield at home and we had to hang on against Hull, that was why we had so many draws.

We needed to tighten things up, but it has become even harder for the manager he has never been able to play a settled back four ---- he couldn’t even play a settled back two. The two centre half’s have been constantly changed due to injury and the African cup of nations.
Get a settled back two and maybe the midfield could push up a bit more, at the moment they have to protect the defence. Tevez and Bellamy back would also give us far more options and the opposition more problems.
Managers do need time especially when they have all the defensive changes we have had, so we are in a bit of a bad run, beat the scousers (and we are good enough to do that) and hopefully move on with a more settled team.

Also forget about Morinho, his teams are just as boring as anyone you'd
like to mention! he certainly was at Barcelona for a while bu he didn't learn the beautiful game from there!

Give me anyone for the next 10 years, then we can look over the the Spanish giants and see Pep - the real special one - and say "Pep, since you've won 5 Champions League titles and 7 La Ligas in 10 years, do you fancy a fresh challenge!?"
and when he says "Si!" we will then be entertained!!

MonsallBlue said:
kenzie115 said:

If it meant trophies then yes I would accept it for a while, but winning trophies will improve the standard of football I think (hope) :)

How long is a while?

LittleBlue said:
The fact is that he his paying that French clown £120 + grand a week. To me Mancini only seems intrested in flicking his hair and messing with that bloody scarfe. We are quickley becoming one of the most hated clubs in the country through trying to buy the league, our manager moaning and our ground lacking atmosphere due to the amount of gloryhunters that have suddenly started to attened our home games. If we don't make 4th at least this season we will be a laughing stock.
Didn't take you long did it? Only registered a couple of hours ago and you're whinging already. Come back on a match day; you'll fit right in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.