Something in the air

blue47766 said:
Went to a carboot, wearing a casual City top. Was walking up and down as you do. A stall holder shouted out ' here's a Blueboy ' turned round and he had a City top on and a big grin and said it would soon be the start of the season. Walked a bit further and saw somebody wearing a City shirt. We both looked at each other and ' let on ' with smiles. Coming away walked into another Blue, he saw me first and said ' alright mate '. Have other people noticed this sort of thing. This atmosphere feels good.

haha top stuff cant wait for the new season I really do have hope for city to do something good :)

blue47766 said:
Went to a carboot, wearing a casual City top. Was walking up and down as you do. A stall holder shouted out ' here's a Blueboy ' turned round and he had a City top on and a big grin and said it would soon be the start of the season. Walked a bit further and saw somebody wearing a City shirt. We both looked at each other and ' let on ' with smiles. Coming away walked into another Blue, he saw me first and said ' alright mate '. Have other people noticed this sort of thing. This atmosphere feels good.

Mate ive always felt that City fans have this very friendly atmosophere, cult-like togetherness and happy feelings towards one another, even in the shit times (and ive only ever known shit times really)! When i went on holiday as a kid i'd always see City shirts, every holiday without fail, and everyone would be dead friendly like you were a long lost brother or summet! Dont think anytings changed now!

LongLang said:
johnmc said:
Where was this car boot? Sounds a bit suspect to me. Does Went to a Car Boot mean dogging?

Explains all the grinning and smiling, not sure i know, or want to know what letting on is though. lol

Well, a nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat

Could all of these been armchair blues / glory hunters coming out of the woodwork, knowing now that the scum are on the decline??? Probably genuine blues but what will upset me is when we start seeing kids and adults for that matter with fake City shirts once we start accumulating fame and trophies.

meldrew said:
It really is glorious isn't it? We all stick together through thick and thin and we KNOW we are the best fans in the world.

Little story about myself last week, walking through Salford with my 10 week old son with my City top on, a rag pulls up (Big idiot) who I do not even now, with his poor children (Also RAGS) and shouts to me HUGHES IS A BLUE.

Obviously I can't resist and pull out my season ticket and ask if he has one of these, to no reply. The guy tries to drive off but stalls, so I start asking him if he's aware if Matt Busby was a blue? If Tevez has signed for them and where Tranny is going? The guy quickly sped off......Should I feel guilty for blatantly showing him up in front of his kids or am I a hero?

hero. I find myself singing barcalona, barcalona, ole, ole, ole to every scum I see, it keeps me amused anyway.

theres a biker down here who used to give me the thumbs up as he rode past..i didnt know him,i just passed it off as another mentalist who i seem to have a habit of attracting.one day this lad and his girl crossed the street and said bet you dont know me..err no..well im the biker who lets on to you i noticed your city hat..he says im a blue too..lol

Went over to the Oasis concert at Slane Castle and I saw so many City shirts it made me smile.

People are proud to wear the shirt again!

aarond said:
Went over to the Oasis concert at Slane Castle and I saw so many City shirts it made me smile.

People are proud to wear the shirt again!

Saw quite a few there myself fella, I had my old philips city shirt on and was very impressed when a few irish blues came over for a chat, defo not newbie glory hunters if they recognise that. We were laughing at some mongy rag still proudly wearing his ronaldo 7 nited shirt, couldn't resist asking if it was the new real madrid away shirt lol.

A few years back was in b.c.m in magaluf wearing a city t-shirt, two lads bolted over thought they were rags wanting to have a go, but excitedly they were like "waay how you doin mate nice to see a few more of our own here fancy a pint" lol. So I totally agree there is defo a kind of spiritual connection with all blues no matter who they are, where ever you find a city shirt you'll most certainly find a kindred spirit(and no I'm not a hippy lol).

C.T.I.D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.