Something interesting on the odious windbag...

Peter Doherty

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/11/craig-bellamy-manchester-city-outburst" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... y-outburst</a>

I've taken the Welsh out of the title as it was not my intention to insult the Welsh. However, my feelings towards Bellamy were not helped when I watched him swearing his head off at his own fans during a game, not the only occasion he did it last season. Hence 'odious'. Hope that placates the thin-skinned out there...

Re: Something interesting on the odious Welsh windbag...

that papers changing sides quicker than bellamy... one minute showing bellamy to be the victim about his treatment by big bad city, then next there slaggin him for giving the same interview they fucking published.

supercity36 said:
that papers changing sides quicker than bellamy... one minute showing bellamy to be the victim about his treatment by big bad city, then next there slaggin him for giving the same interview they fucking published.
A wait a minute? i thought thats what news papers are for.

Come on guys, read it for what it is worth.

Where does the reporter get his inside knowledge of the boardroom?

2 + 2 makes 7, methinks.

supercity36 said:

I think it's to do with giving him enough rope to hang himself with..

Full article for those who can't link..
Craig Bellamy's complaints against his perceived treatment at Manchester City could cost him up to £190,000, with the club so angered by his version of events they are giving serious consideration to fining the player two weeks' wages.

Bellamy's grievance against Roberto Mancini, claiming they had not spoken for six months, has led to a mixture of bemusement and irritation behind the scenes, with the chief executive, Garry Cook, and the football administrator, Brian Marwood, meeting to discuss whether disciplinary action is necessary.

The club are refusing to comment but it is understood they are looking closely at the interviews yesterday, in which Bellamy complained of being "pushed aside" and it being a "situation I find hard to get my head around", claiming last season's commitment had gone unrewarded. "There's a number of players, like Carlos Tevez and me, who he [Mancini] doesn't speak to and keeps us away," he said. "He hasn't spoken to me since February. I don't know if it's personal – he is like that with a lot of players, so maybe that's his manner."

Mancini, who takes a hands-on role with training, rejects this allegation, pointing out it would be virtually unworkable to manage the team without talking to his players. However, Bellamy's assertion that he is "unwanted" looks correct, as he has been left out of the squad submitted to Uefa for the Europa League qualifier against Timisoara. Stephen Ireland, part of the £26m package that will see Aston Villa's James Milner move to City, Jô and David Silva are also left out, the latter to manage his post-World Cup workload, but Robinho has been included and is due back in Manchester tomorrow following his six-month loan with Santos.

The feeling at boardroom level is that Bellamy has not only been selective with the truth but has also displayed extreme nerve portraying himself as the victim when, in reality, his behaviour has been a source of concern within the club ever since Mancini replaced Mark Hughes in December.

Bellamy has clashed with Mancini about wanting an individually tailored training schedule because of his knee problems and was the subject of an internal investigation into comments he allegedly made in the tunnel after the home defeat by Everton. That was the occasion when Mancini clashed with the Everton manager David Moyes, and Bellamy allegedly shouted in support of Everton's manager. The Welshman denied it and with noise in the tunnel making it hard to gather evidence, they decided not to reprimand the forward.

City were also outraged when Bellamy high-fived Harry Redknapp, the Tottenham Hotspurmanager, within minutes of the 1-0 defeat last May that ensured City would not be in the Champions League. Redknapp has been trying to sign Bellamy, and words such as "unprofessional" and "disrespectful" have been used among the City coaching staff. The view of City is that Bellamy has been cut a lot of slack,, rather than being the victim of what he described as a "ruthless" industry, and that if he was genuine about wanting to stay he has said exactly the wrong thing.

He can feck off for me.

Played well for us, mainly under Hughes though tbh, but he's now a liability and I'd be surprised to see him training with the 1st team ever again.

It was always going to end like this...

1.618034 said:

That's the truth, and really we all knew it. No sense in punishing him, or causing undue drama. Loan him out somewhere he can't hurt us (i.e. Fulham, Cardiff, etc.) and be done with it. Not to discount all he did for "us", but he's hardly the future, or the way forward.

DonJulio said:
1.618034 said:

That's the truth, and really we all knew it. No sense in punishing him, or causing undue drama. Loan him out somewhere he can't hurt us (i.e. Fulham, Cardiff, etc.) and be done with it. Not to discount all he did for "us", but he's hardly the future, or the way forward.

Sorry I cant agree he's still got one or two more seasons in him unlike Viera who seems to be getting worse each game. I find it amazing that the club are willing to let go of a great player like Bellers but continue to persevere with the likes of Richards, Jo and RSC.

The "outburst" at the press conference and the simultaneous taped interview were so similar they were clearly scripted. He wasn't "shooting from the hip" it was a carefully rehearsed, twice repeated speech.

He's been cute, trying to force an exit without losing any money. The whole thing is pre arranged theatre with Twitchy 'Arry and a not so smart Agents fingerprints all over it.

Fine him, exile him in the reserves, let him move to Spuds last day of the January window.

Would like to remember him for some great performances for City and
the passion he dispayed when wearing a City shirt,however he's now just becoming a childish twat throwing his toys out of the pram.
Sooner he's gone the better.

Always was a nasty little thug...sorry he came and glad he is done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.