Something is hijacking this website...

Discussion in 'Technical queries' started by fulabeer, 13 Nov 2018.

1. Its not those pesky Germans from Der Spiegal? Expect leaked dossiers on how soon you leave the ground, how much you like/dislike Corbyn and how shit the Christmas markets are to be published in the coming weeks.

2. oldtimerdiscopants

oldtimerdiscopants

3. Eds

Eds

I keep getting a page coming up and closing the site saying that I have a corrupt site and to click on some link which of course I don't. It come up in the the history as WINX Eaypyybe.win - anyone any ideas on how to get rid. Virus scan detects no threats...

4. Centurions

Centurions

Don't know what anti-virus you use but first close your browser after downloading CCleaner from https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleanerdownload and do a full 'Analyze' from the 'Cleaner' tab, do this multiple times until there's just the recurring IE & Windows logs left at the top. Then click on the 'Registry' tab and do a 'Scan for issues' and 'Fix selected issues', you need to do this multiple times until nothing is left.

Download Malwarebytes from https://www.malwarebytes.com/products/ and when you've ran that download Malwarebytes AdwCleaner (at the bottom of that page) and run it. Then download HitmanPro from https://www.hitmanpro.com/en-us/hmp.aspx (use the one time option) and run it.

The chances are that you've not actually got anything on your computer and it's 'just' a very dodgy Ad on here but better safe than sorry.

5. Eds

Eds

Use ESET anti virus and have done scans which says nothing detected. Will do as suggested thanks

6. fulabeer

fulabeer

Virgin's built in "websafe" virus blocker is now closing the Bluemoon tab. All the other website tabs are fine. Virgin has now marked this site as unsafe.

7. cleavers

cleavers

@Ric might want to read this thread, I doubt its BM itself, but could be a dodgy advert, which is being placed on here.

8. 80s Shorts

80s Shorts

NEVER let any of these free cleaners mess about with the registry keys.

9. Centurions

Centurions

CCleaner has never let me down although you do have the option to back up the registry before you clean it up.

10. Pingu the Penguin

Pingu the Penguin

Same is happening to me. Only on iPhone tho