Something Special about Stockport?

Palmers wasn’t born in Stockport, but I think he was brought up in Gatley.

I think one of the main reasons for the high number of top players is that there are still a large number of kids football teams and amueter teams. A lot of places in say Manchester have lost that.

I also think having areas which are pretty working class (lots of those in Stockport) often helps to produce players like foden or palmer.

Last edited:
Palmers wasn’t born in Stockport, but I think he was brought up in Gatley.

I think one of the main reasons for the high number of top players is that there are still a large number of kids football teams and amueter teams. A lot of places in say Manchester have lost that.

I also think having areas which are pretty working class (lots of those in Stockport) often helps to produce players like foden or palmer.
He's never lived in Stockport, he did though go to primary school in Gatley.

I’m sure I heard somewhere that Bury had supplied the most number of players to play for England?

I’m sure I heard somewhere that Bury had supplied the most number of players to play for England?

Don't know how true this is but...

Tottenham – 78

Liverpool – 74

Aston Villa – 74

Everton – 68

Manchester United – 67

Arsenal – 63

Manchester City – 49

Chelsea – 49

Blackburn – 48

West Brom – 44

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.