Something to cheer you all up, Buck house facelift

Of course it is. Keep telling yourself that, it won't make it true.
Your post:
The Crown Estate belongs to the reigning monarch 'in right of The Crown', that is, it is owned by the monarch for the duration of their reign, by virtue of their accession to the throne

My post:
It's not the taxpayers footing the bill but the Queen's Crown Estate ("the Crown Estate belongs to the reigning monarch")

Your post:
"Belongs to" is a bit of a stretch

Meh.

Lol so it's not paid for by the taxpayer now but is "a cost to the tax payer" (subtle change from you showing you've realised you're wrong) however;

No because businesses have tax deductible expenses on capital expenditure to ensure continued viability of businesses.

As recent example being the Etihad Campus and work on the extension which in effect reduced the tax paid on total revenue.

You can keep banging your drum as often as you like, you'll still be wrong.

Dave the labourer won't be paying a penny in his 20% income tax towards the refurb.

Saying it's an "expense to the taxpayer" is bull shit you may as well say any land lord that buys an old terrace and puts in a new kitchen and bathroom is a cost towards the tax payer as that expenditure is deductible.

Not sure how many more similes or analogies I can give you before you understand. Luckily West Dids, PLLK, GDM and a few others have the capacity to understand it for what it is.
I don't accept your business model for the Crown Estate but putting that to one side so as not to bore the pants off everyone and keeping to simple business principles, the Crown Estate doesn't have to increase it's total capital expenditure because of the repairs necessary to Buckingham Palace.It could still carry out the work on the Palace by cutting out other expenditure, increasing revenue etc.
That way the Sovereign Grant is maintained at only 15% as opposed to the 25% proposed OR in your (erroneous) business model it continues to pay 85% tax as opposed 75% tax and the Exchequer is not deprived of the £397M.

Last edited:
Your post:

My post:

Your post:

Meh.
Except that that's not a quote from me, is it? That's a quote from the Crown Estate website. Therefore I'm completely free to contradict it if I think that the phrasing "belongs to" is a bit of a stretch to describe something you can't sell or profit from. You seem to be under the impression that because I quote something, I must completely agree with it. And yet here I am quoting you.

Visitors to Buckingham Palace last year 500,000
Visitors to Chester Zoo last year 1,600,000

The money would be better spent buying more monkeys.

I don't accept your business model for the Crown Estate but putting that to one side so as not to bore the pants off everyone and keeping to simple business principles, the Crown Estate doesn't have to increase it's total capital expenditure because of the repairs necessary to Buckingham Palace.It could still carry out the work on the Palace by cutting out other expenditure, increasing revenue etc.
That way the Sovereign Grant is maintained at only 15% as opposed to the 25% proposed OR in your (erroneous) business model it continues to pay 85% tax as opposed 75% tax and the Exchequer is not deprived of the £397M.
The Crown Estate owns it. The Crown Estate is paying for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.