Something to cheer you all up, Buck house facelift

The Crown Estate owns it. The Crown Estate is paying for it.
By paying more to the Monarch as a Sovereign Grant or in your business model by paying less tax (which otherwise would have accrued to the taxpayer).
Sky News - "Taxpayer funding rises for £ 369 M refit".
BBC News - "Buckingham Palace is to undergo a 10 year refurbishment costing the taxpayer £369M the Treasury announces".
ITV News - "An estimated cost of £369m to the Taxpayer the Palace has confirmed".
Check their websites out or watch their broadcasts.
Stop trying to spin ( or WUM) and take a reality check mate.

I'm not advocating royalty living there necessarily. I'll go with the flow on the future of our royal family. Can see big pluses and minuses to the institution, so I'm fairly relaxed whether we keep or replace the monarchy.

I'm referring to the building itself; whichever direction the country takes in the future I believe it's a national asset worth preserving, as gauche and tasteless as I actually find it.

I share your view on this: Buck Palace is a revenue generating asset for the nation.

I share your view on this: Buck Palace is a revenue generating asset for the nation.
People scoff at 'Brand GB' but it's what will protect this country's wealth in the years ahead. We hardly make anything anymore. What else have we got to offer the wider world, other than our marketability as a nation with the investment that flows from that?

Nothing to do with the thread regarding Buck Palace,but hopefully something to cheer you up. On BBC Radio Manchester all through the day they have been having an auction of different prizes in aid of Children In Need. Amongst the stuff they auctioned was Sweeney doing his 60's Sunday show from your house. An overnight stay in the Lowrie. Stella from Gorton bid £1500 for a child to be a City mascot in the home derby,whilst a guided tour of the swamp went for £50 only! Well,it made me laugh. They should have offered the swamp tour to radio Essex or Devon.

People scoff at 'Brand GB' but it's what will protect this country's wealth in the years ahead. We hardly make anything anymore. What else have we got to offer the wider world, other than our marketability as a nation with the investment that flows from that?
We seem to do quite well on supplying Services, admittedly too heavy a reliance, but nevertheless a lot more tangible than 'Brand GB'.

Are you not forgetting that these people are appointed by God to reign over us?! By God no less!! Anyone with bizarre notions that a greater good could be served with this money is simply out of their minds - how can anything be more important than refurbishing one of the many palaces and castles intermittently inhabited by this sprawl of German / Greek Demi gods?!

I for one recognise my place and gratefully accept that every single one of the innumerable 'royals' are inherently our superiors and I get true joy from knowing that their lives are spared not one luxury and in some small way I contribute to this.

To all you traitorous - and most likely conspiratorial Trotskyist - doubters I say: the queen herself won the war by batting away the Luftwaffe from her balcony and had she not bothered you'd all be speaking German and probably have had to change your name to battenburg

Plus tourism - not one single tourist would visit Britain if the queen didn't live here and I have a friend who knows a royal courtier and they told me she meets them all individually at the airport, but doesn't make a fuss about it because she's dedicated to her 'duty'

To the Royals! And may they tread their jewel encrusted foot onto the face of the British people for evermore!

Are you not forgetting that these people are appointed by God to reign over us?! By God no less!! Anyone with bizarre notions that a greater good could be served with this money is simply out of their minds - how can anything be more important than refurbishing one of the many palaces and castles intermittently inhabited by this sprawl of German / Greek Demi gods?!

I for one recognise my place and gratefully accept that every single one of the innumerable 'royals' are inherently our superiors and I get true joy from knowing that their lives are spared not one luxury and in some small way I contribute to this.

To all you traitorous - and most likely conspiratorial Trotskyist - doubters I say: the queen herself won the war by batting away the Luftwaffe from her balcony and had she not bothered you'd all be speaking German and probably have had to change your name to battenburg

Plus tourism - not one single tourist would visit Britain if the queen didn't live here and I have a friend who knows a royal courtier and they told me she meets them all individually at the airport, but doesn't make a fuss about it because she's dedicated to her 'duty'

To the Royals! And may they tread their jewel encrusted foot onto the face of the British people for evermore!

Ah yes, The Divine right of Kings. Thankfully Cromwell put a (block) on that !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.