Something to cheer you all up, Buck house facelift

Let's not be too hasty to knock her, she might be having them solar panels on her roof.

Solar panels eh? The wonders of modern science. I think it's wonderful that the royal family no longer need to bask on rocks to harness the power of the sun to warm their blood.

I think its good that grants to modernise those drafty homes belonging to the elderly have been reinstated. Phil and Liz shouldn't be huddled round a two bar electric fire with a leaky roof and single glazed windows ffs. And lets face it this only comes about because of the piss poor record of building affordable homes in this country. I mean where else could they go and anyway £369m wouldn't get you a two up two down mid terrace off the Mall or Birdcage Walk even if such a thing were to exist. And they would need off road parking for their fleet of cars and gilded carriages.

God knows why there's any problem here the Romanian immigrants are about to earn us that much money that £370 million to do up Buck house will be a drop in our ocean of dosh.

By paying more to the Monarch as a Sovereign Grant or in your business model by paying less tax (which otherwise would have accrued to the taxpayer).
Sky News - "Taxpayer funding rises for £ 369 M refit".
BBC News - "Buckingham Palace is to undergo a 10 year refurbishment costing the taxpayer £369M the Treasury announces".
ITV News - "An estimated cost of £369m to the Taxpayer the Palace has confirmed".
Check their websites out or watch their broadcasts.
Stop trying to spin ( or WUM) and take a reality check mate.
I wouldn't trust a journalist to write down a recipe for a bacon butty correctly.

The above headlines are click bait for the hard of thinking to get all angry at and it's worked.

Simple question, will anyone's tax money from their employment be going on it? No. they will not.

You can moan all you want, I'll not be browbeaten by the likes of you on this.

Country's income used to upkeep country's property.

All that's happened is that the Treasury have assigned some money to maintain a national asset.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.