Something to cheer you all up, Buck house facelift

She's staying locally while the work is done as well
Reptile-House.jpg

As it's in our wonderful capital city, expect the cost to spiral to over £900 million by the end of the project, with no explanation or accountability as to how it happened.

How come the taxpayer pays and not the royal family?
Because the Queen doesn't own the building.

It's not like she had the power to sell it to Qatar like most of the rest of London.

She is a tenant.

Actually scrap that. None of this is 'taxpayer funded'

The money will come from a 66% increase in the sovereign grant – the funding formula under which the Queen normally receives 15% of the annual profit from the crown estate. She will now receive 25% for the 10 years the work is taking place before returning to 15%.

They could in theory keep all of the Crown Estate income.

Last edited:
Good, up-keeping her house is important, wouldn't want it turning into a shithole, we have standards to keep being British, wouldn't want the rest of the world to be laughing at her wallpaper peeling of or her scuffed glossing.

Apparently our Liz is having a make over at her place

Buckingham Palace to undergo 'essential' £370m refurbishment

It makes me so proud to think despite the NHS being on its arse, people on benefits are getting a £30 per week cut and of course a £25 billion whole in the budget thanks to brexit we can always find money for our queenie god bless her. It's heart breaking to think that her and Phil and the rest of the family has been living in squalor for so long (I think I'm going to have a Wayne Bridge moment now and cry!!!).

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/nov/18/buckingham-palace-to-undergo-370m-refurbishment
fucking marvellous - you do know the NHS cannot function without a whole other heap of tax funded stuff right? I'm fed up hearing "what about the NHS!" in every single fucking whingy conversation about how the government spends money

fucking marvellous - you do know the NHS cannot function without a whole other heap of tax funded stuff right? I'm fed up hearing "what about the NHS!" in every single fucking whingy conversation about how the government spends money
The fucking peasant does nothing but moan.

Is a good idea to maintain one of the most famous buildings in the world, not to mention the jobs it will create.
I agree with you for once,i feel faint lol
This isn't about the Queen or Philip as they won't be around much longer,the younger royals will not be moving in and there are plans to open it up to the public so it will be a huge cash cow for the country

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.