Song/Chant for Ilkay

How about, to the Sun Jihai song -

And it's aye aye Ilkay Gundogan
Aye aye Ilkay Gundogan
We call him Mr. Whippy
And he loves us at City
Singing aye aye Ilkay Gundogan.

I doubt it has much chantablility tbh as it's a bit dour and too slow tempo. Best player songs are original upbeat ones that are quirky and unique. Think Niall Quinn's Disco Pants and Balatelli song. Probably my two favourite player songs we've sang over the years.
I have offered others

Oasis - Songbird

Pep heard that this boy could play
Flew him back from Dortmund the next day
Gundo won the treble, went away
Now he's back to win the league in May
Gonna sing this song so he can see
Give him all the love he gives to me
Talk of better days that are yet to come
Never felt this love for anyone
Gundogan
Gundogan

Needs to be original, pal. Not plagiarised or adapted from other familiar songs with bastardized lyrics to fit.
I didn't know there were such strict rules... and that you were the rule-maker. I'll revisit and try much harder now I promise

FFS, have you heard yourself?

I didn't know there were such strict rules... and that you were the rule-maker. I'll revisit and try much harder now I promise

FFS, have you heard yourself?
There are no strict rules and I wasn't having a direct pop at you so chill. It's just that we've had some really shit song efforts on here devoid of thought and imagination, some so fuckin' cringe worthy it's embarrassing. I did say your effort was better than many others albeit a but cheesy that I doubt will catch on. That said one or two of our songs I really can't stand have caught on like "We'll buy your club and burn it down". Smacks of a nouveau riche arrogance to me in belittling smaller clubs fans who are proud of their club. I never sing it because there's been some good clubs who have gone bankrupt, or close to and I'd get zero pleasure and satisfaction in winding them up aboout their club financially struggling to stay in business.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.