Song for Bony?

Eccles Blue said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Eccles Blue said:
Sorry don't want to start a new thread which could get me in bad books with the Mods because although this isn't a post about a song, it is about Bony:

Can someone explain to me why we are signing him? When I've asked outside this 'arena' I've been told because our strikers are injured and we need a striker.............................. he's going off to the ACON for maybe a month................. our injured strikers are recovering and will all be back by the time he is back!!! Please, please explain??
To replace Negredo. We had 4 strikers last season as well.

But we've proved that we don't need out and out strikers, we've done all right for a 'one man team' and a team 'who have no strikers', so why waste our money on another player to sit on the bench and who is going to be missing for at least a month? Just my humble opinion.
Because he improves the playing squad.

Eccles Blue said:
Sorry don't want to start a new thread which could get me in bad books with the Mods because although this isn't a post about a song, it is about Bony:

Can someone explain to me why we are signing him? When I've asked outside this 'arena' I've been told because our strikers are injured and we need a striker.............................. he's going off to the ACON for maybe a month................. our injured strikers are recovering and will all be back by the time he is back!!! Please, please explain??

I agree with you up until yesterday....Aguero and Jovetic are too injury prone and Dzeko a bit hit and miss for me...Bony on yest and think we would have had all 3 points.

Eccles Blue said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Eccles Blue said:
But we've proved that we don't need out and out strikers, we've done all right for a 'one man team' and a team 'who have no strikers', so why waste our money on another player to sit on the bench and who is going to be missing for at least a month? Just my humble opinion.
Because the Club thinks we need 4 strikers and thats why they are going to sign Bony. Simple as.

Oops sorry did I rattle someone's cage for having an opinion?? Sorry, I didn't realise that I was being controversial.
Everyone is entitled to there opinion but to be fair to win a tittle you need more than 1 way to win a game and against Everton yesterday we could have done with a plan b, bony gives us that different dimension that a fully fit Negrado gave us in the first half of last season. We are also hearing rumours that both edin and Stevan will be sold in the summer, our club have a plan for the squad that will take longer than 1 window to facilitate.

Marvin said:
Eccles Blue said:
MeatHunterrr said:
To replace Negredo. We had 4 strikers last season as well.

Thank you, that's a more sensible answer ...................... apart from........... how do we know yet? He isn't in the playing squad, But I will take it you mean he should/will improve the playing squad. :-)

Eccles Blue said:
Marvin said:
Eccles Blue said:

Thank you, that's a more sensible answer ...................... apart from........... how do we know yet? He isn't in the playing squad, But I will take it you mean he should/will improve the playing squad. :-)

Yeah that's alright, but what about his song ? It doesn't matter if he's shit, as long as we have a good song ;-)

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Eccles Blue said:
Marvin said:

Yeah that's alright, but what about his song ? It doesn't matter if he's shit, as long as we have a good song ;-)

Please don't expect me to know about songs, I'm still trying to sing more songs than: "Sheikh Mansour, went to Spain, in a Lamborghini, brought us back a Manager, Manuel Pellegrini"..................... that could of course be because I love Mr Pellegrini.

Apologies if already posted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30767719

Wilfried Bony: Swansea agree £28m deal with Man City

Swansea City have agreed a £28m fee to sell striker Wilfried Bony to Premier League champions Manchester City.
The Ivory Coast international, 26, joined Swansea for a club-record £12m from Vitesse Arnhem in 2013 and was the Premier League's top scorer in 2014 with 20 goals.
The fee breaks the Welsh club record sale of £15m that Liverpool paid Swansea for Joe Allen in August 2012.
The two clubs hope to conclude the deal in the next 48 hours.
City expect personal terms and a medical to be hitch-free, despite Bony being on Africa Cup of Nations duty with Ivory Coast for at least the next three weeks.
The deal is £25m cash upfront with a further £3m in performance-related add-ons.
Swansea manager Garry Monk previously said it would take an "astronomical" fee to prise his top scorer away from the Liberty Stadium.
Bony, who scored an injury-time equaliser for Swansea against QPR on New Year's Day, has fired nine goals in 22 appearances this season.
Play media
Jump media playerMedia player helpOut of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.
World Cup 2014: Wilfried Bony equalises for Ivory Coast against Greece
Man City were without injured strikers Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko for the festive period and manager Manuel Pellegrini is keen to add further depth to his squad.
The Chilean, 61, had indicated he was not looking to do serious business in the January transfer window.
The club were hit with Uefa sanctions last year for breaching financial fair play rules which included a spending cap of £49m, plus any money raised from transfer fees.
They spent around £48m in the summer on Eliaquim Mangala, midfielder Fernando, and goalkeeper Willy Caballero, although they sold Jack Rodwell to Sunderland for a reported £10m and midfielder Javi Garcia joined Zenit St Petersburg for £13m.
But with Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham reported to be interested in Bony, it is the Premier League champions who have moved quickest to bolster their attacking options.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.