Songs banned by the BBC.... and why.

The Kinks really were the bad boys of the 60s music scene. After getting themselves banned from America in 65(for what could of been any of 3 million things or just the one) they were forever getting into some kind of (sometimes unwittingly)trouble back home. A few months after the Lola episode, Sir Raymond had to do exactly the same and come back from America to change one word from the Apeman song. The air pollution is a fogging up my eyes, sounded far too much like fucking up my eyes, so he had to change fogging to sound like fogging(although I still think it kinda sounds like focking. A few years prior to this, the BBC banned the promo video to Dead End street from being played on totp's due to someone jumping out of a coffin and chasing the band down the street. I definitely think it was this don't give a fuck and 2 fingers to the establishment that endeared themselves to the punk movement.
Apeman would be banned for being racist now.

They had a whole list that were banned during Gulf War 1 and 2 with some very tenuous connections.

Midnight at the Oasis
Everybody wants to rule the world
Bang Bang by Cher

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.