Soriano: B teams in EFL

Leave as it is and this time next year be at least 10 clubs gone
B teams aren’t the answer as fans will just simply walk away. Can’t see the efl trophy lasting that much longer.

Clubs will just have to get smarter, Brentford have revolutionised their scouting system and now sell 50 million worth of players every summer.

B teams aren’t the answer as fans will just simply walk away. Can’t see the efl trophy lasting that much longer.

Clubs will just have to get smarter, Brentford have revolutionised their scouting system and now sell 50 million worth of players every summer.
There are clubs already going to the wall without B teams being introduced to the league system. This is to help player development. The game in this country needs a revamp

Lower league fans would just boycott if b teams came into the league like they did with the efl trophy. Pretty sure the Bolton attendance was so high as their club was just saved.

From a lower league perspective
I think a weekend league game with points at stake would be much harder for a committed fan to boycott than a midweek efl trophy game.

Pretty sure, I'm just not sure what you're referring to.
Yeah sorry, but I did post a link to the BBC report : Manchester City chief executive Ferran Soriano defends club spending

"Manchester City chief executive Ferran Soriano has defended the club's decision to spend over £120m on new players at a time when many lower-league counterparts are facing a bleak financial future due to coronavirus.

City signed defenders Ruben Dias and Nathan Ake, plus winger Ferran Torres, during the transfer window.

Port Vale owner Carol Shanahan told BBC Radio 5 Live the £65m spent on Dias would "run League Two for a season
""

[
There are clubs already going to the wall without B teams being introduced to the league system. This is to help player development. The game in this country needs a revamp
You mean for clubs like us to stop hoarding young players?

Why should Plymouth fans give a shit about our young players development.

Good example that but many owners have done that and he hasn’t worked. The strong will survive still lose clubs.

i was reading about this the other day.

couldnt find the artical i was actually reading,but found another one,well worth a read.they have made 120m in the last 5 years doing what they do,the chairman is a "football scientist"whatever that means.

Lower league fans would just boycott if b teams came into the league like they did with the efl trophy. Pretty sure the Bolton attendance was so high as their club was just saved.

From a lower league perspective
Firstly that opinion piece (not fact) is from 2016, how many clubs have gone under since and before Covid raised its ugly head?

Secondly, if you look at the attendance figures for 2105/16 (before PL U21s were admitted) then they must have been boycotting the competition already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.