Soriano comments on ownership, spending power & Haaland

I might get a cigar after reading his comments.

what brand does pep smoke ?

Just do what what Ferguson did. He didn't say a word. When the reporter turned up at the ground to collect his press pass before the match it wasn't there and no explanation was given. He couldn't get in and was left standing outside looking like an idiot. On the Monday when the publication in question contacted United to talk about the 'misunderstanding' they were politely told that the respective reporter was banned. When they asked why and how long for they were told they didn't know. As they say, shoot one and scare ten thousand. As other posters have said Ferguson was many things but nobody and I mean nobody across the whole of the media fucked with him. We should do the same. You don't need to ban a raft of them just the odd one or two when they have stepped out of line. They will soon get the message. A lot of the media use freelancers so if they don't get in, they can't report and hence don't get paid. That starts to focus the mind very quickly.
I remember hearing Ladyman on the radio several years ago. He was recalling the time he wrote a 2 paragraph, mildly critical throwaway piece on Rooney during the off season. Ferguson (on a sunbed in his villa in the south of France) read it and when Ladyman arrived for the first press conference of the season he was refused entry. When the Mail complained, he banned the lot of them, went on for over 12 months iirc.

Reactions: PPT
It’s mad to think that there’s actually an awful lot of blues already that won’t really remember 93:20. Imagine being about 16/17 now… 93:20 happened when you were 6!! Maybe my memory is just shite but I’m not sure I remember anything from being 6.
There was certainly no option to look back on my 6yr old years via the medium of internet, youtube etc, so at least 93:20 is immediately accessible to 16yr olds, lucky them, and us!
Sadly the footage from St James' '68 (when I was nearly 7) is not good quality.

It’s mad to think that there’s actually an awful lot of blues already that won’t really remember 93:20. Imagine being about 16/17 now… 93:20 happened when you were 6!! Maybe my memory is just shite but I’m not sure I remember anything from being 6.
That's because nothing as seismic as the Aguerooooooo moment happened when you were 6! Why would you remember!

To weigh in on this argument, I was 6 in 1999 and can remember dickov v gillingham! Though certainly any fans that are 13-14 now won’t recall QPR.

The only thing missing from that statement from Ferran is "And anyone who prints/broadcasts any different better have good legal representation."
Be careful what you wish for.
Aside from being an enormously expensive and time-consuming activity, the rewards for going to court are almost always less than satisfactory.
All you have to do is consider how City's comprehensive victory at CAS has been misrepresented (or look at the fall out from some other current high profile cases) to realise how there are few things in life as vastly overrated as "having your day in court".

My city mad lad is 16 in a couple of months

I've asked him before what he remembers about 93:20 and he says its all very hazy. He would have been 5!! He says he remembers playing out on the street with his mates and them running around shouting City.. and that's all

What I find even more crazy... is that unless you're older than say 25... you won't remember a thing about Maine Road

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.