Soriano comments on ownership, spending power & Haaland

Yes, but the record to date suggests that he won’t. Every time the media say “state owned” that is defamatory as it implies our return to Companies House is falsified by the directors that sign it.
If it were me, I would sue every time.
I just don’t understand the current policy.

He's like the rest just a shock jock. They make money by advertising and people phoning in so the more they can get listeners wound up to call in the more cash they make. Jordon, like that O'Hara bloke is an empty vessel.of a human being.

Exactly. The voice over man sums it all up when he describes the show as 'hard nosed' and 'designed for confrontation'. Tells you all you need to know what the intentions are.

That’s the magic of amortisation. Amazing how many so called journalists do not understand how it works. If Haaland signs a five year contract with a tfr fee of £51m that is just £10m per year. Cheap as chips!
That's right. We will almost certainly make a profit on Haaland each year because of enhanced commercial revenues...even if you include his wages and agents' fees he will cost us less than £30m a year. Our annual revenues will be circa £600m. Like most of our dealings it is another great investment by City.

Not to mention about £750m for CFA and transfers originally!
Not sure what the £58m was for. No debt on the books as a result. Were shares issued ? CMG’s share of CFG reduced slightly but no info was forthcoming.
58 million was put into new shares in 2017/8 and an additional 23 million in shares in 2020/21. There was also some short-term borrowing in 2017/8 and 2019/20 but nothing substantial as far as I can make out and pretty much repaid subsequently.

Or I could be wrong, of course :)

That's what I thought it was for - to cover signing Laporte or Dias or something.
If City paid it all in one go, it would only be 12M/year on the FFP accounts.

I couldn't tell you exactly how it was repaid, but it may just be the difference in accounting for FFP and overall.

Lies, damned lies and accounting.
How a purchase was funded is irrelevant to accounts. What will appear in FFP accounts is the cost of the purchase spread across the life of the contract.

White and Jordan and Pearce from The Athletic are already trying their hardest to taint the title with wild accusations of financial cheating.

Nick Harris spent his Sunday evening querying stadium naming rights from 13 years ago !!!

This garbage will never stop.

Like them or not - Soriano should provide an interview to chosen English media and bring up the folllowing :

1) Not state ownership
2) Hacking
3) threat to those who continue to make snide accusations of cheating without evidence ( ie Jordan )
You have to be realistic on these things, I'd be amazed if Soriano even knows who Jordan is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.