Soriano comments on ownership, spending power & Haaland

Not to mention about £750m for CFA and transfers originally!
Not sure what the £58m was for. No debt on the books as a result. Were shares issued ? CMG’s share of CFG reduced slightly but no info was forthcoming.

The £58M was a short term covering loan to cover actual cash shortage, which would then be repaid.

The main thing is that a loan to the club does not necessarily appear as the same value on the FFP accounts. Anyone who doesn't understand that point is going to struggle.

The £58M was a short term covering loan to cover actual cash shortage, which would then be repaid.

The main thing is that a loan to the club does not necessarily appear as the same value on the FFP accounts. Anyone who doesn't understand that point is going to struggle.
Ah, thanks for that. I must have missed it. I think we take a short term loan for cash flow purposes each off season. Thanks again.

The Chel$ki 'loan' from their previous owner, written off now and not included in any FFP calculation?

It doesn't need to - if a loan of 750M was given and it was all spent on a stadium, it would appear on the FFP accounts as nil.
The club would still have an outstanding loan though.

Even it was all on transfers on 5 year contracts, it would appear as 150M/year for 5 years. It would not appear as 750M in one block.

FFP accounts and club accounts are not the same numbers.

Ah, thanks for that. I must have missed it. I think we take a short term loan for cash flow purposes each off season. Thanks again.

That's what I thought it was for - to cover signing Laporte or Dias or something.
If City paid it all in one go, it would only be 12M/year on the FFP accounts.

I couldn't tell you exactly how it was repaid, but it may just be the difference in accounting for FFP and overall.

Lies, damned lies and accounting.

White and Jordan and Pearce from The Athletic are already trying their hardest to taint the title with wild accusations of financial cheating.

Nick Harris spent his Sunday evening querying stadium naming rights from 13 years ago !!!

This garbage will never stop.

Like them or not - Soriano should provide an interview to chosen English media and bring up the folllowing :

1) Not state ownership
2) Hacking
3) threat to those who continue to make snide accusations of cheating without evidence ( ie Jordan )

It doesn't need to - if a loan of 750M was given and it was all spent on a stadium, it would appear on the FFP accounts as nil.
The club would still have an outstanding loan though.

Even it was all on transfers on 5 year contracts, it would appear as 150M/year for 5 years. It would not appear as 750M in one block.

FFP accounts and club accounts are not the same numbers.
That’s the magic of amortisation. Amazing how many so called journalists do not understand how it works. If Haaland signs a five year contract with a tfr fee of £51m that is just £10m per year. Cheap as chips!

White and Jordan and Pearce from The Athletic are already trying their hardest to taint the title with wild accusations of financial cheating.

Nick Harris spent his Sunday evening querying stadium naming rights from 13 years ago !!!

This garbage will never stop.

Like them or not - Soriano should provide an interview to chosen English media and bring up the folllowing :

1) Not state ownership
2) Hacking
3) threat to those who continue to make snide accusations of cheating without evidence ( ie Jordan )
Yes, but the record to date suggests that he won’t. Every time the media say “state owned” that is defamatory as it implies our return to Companies House is falsified by the directors that sign it.
If it were me, I would sue every time.
I just don’t understand the current policy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.