Soriano on Summer Transfers

I think Sagna, Fernando, and Mangala will be sufficient, while I think we should retain Rodwell and Boyata. The one thing I would really like to see is Pellegrini transform the careers of one of these players, since they just seem to have been treading water. Ideally, I'd like to see Rodwell become the understudy to Kompany, but whether he can stay fit for an entire season is anyone's guess, but I'd like to see him given games.

The major challenge next year will be ensuring that more players get sufficient game time and that others feel rested but not excluded. Some players managed 40+ this season, Toure/Zabaleta/Fernandinho/Dzeko, so they ought to be coming down to 35-40 while the new players and Jovetic, Nastasic, Milner should be looking at 25-30. To maintain harmony we'll therefore have to push on all fronts again with a potential 64 games to play, and Pellegrini will have to use all his experience and paternal diplomacy to keep them all content. Then again, nothing makes players happier than winning.

If we get a new No.2 Keeper then we need to try and get homegrown one IMO

It'll be Mangala OR Benatia
Fernando
Sagna

I think the squad we have will improve next season anyway

1) Jovetic a lot more to give

2) If Aguero can stay fit for most of the season imagine!

3) Clichy not had his best season, I believe he's had niggly injuries this season, I'm sure he'll be better 2014-15

4) Lopez will improve further and should get more games allowing some senior players more rest

5) Another top CM like Fernando will make the world of difference in sharing the workload with Yaya and Fernandinho

6) Sagna would be another quality RB and improve us

7) And of course another quality CB just finishes off the squad nicely

Hopefully we'll get all our business done in the next month sort UEFA OUT and then we can RELAX!!!

TrueBlue1705 said:

Fernando
Sagna

3) Clichy not had his best season, I believe he's had niggly injuries this season, I'm sure he'll be better 2014-15

4) Lopez will improve further and should get more games allowing some senior players more rest

5) Another top CM like Fernando will make the world of difference in sharing the workload with Yaya and Fernandinho

Hopefully we'll get all our business done in the next month sort UEFA OUT and then we can RELAX!!!

He had 31 games this season, 30 last,and 39 in his first year, and that was the year when we basically had him and Dzeko on which to rely. With four quality strikers to choose from, then, I don't honestly expect Aguero to play significantly more games. It may just be that he plays in more significant games.

It will be nice if we can sign :

Javi Martinez ( DM)
Koke ( CM )
Iturbe
Caulker

bammy blue said:
El Mago said:

Good shout on Caulker, although I would of thought spuds would have first digs on him if he was to move.

We need a first team player not another reserve.The quality has to be the very best,Martin and Nasty are perfectly able back ups.

Gabriel said:
TrueBlue1705 said:

Fernando
Sagna

He had 31 games this season, 30 last,and 39 in his first year, and that was the year when we basically had him and Dzeko on which to rely. With four quality strikers to choose from, then, I don't honestly expect Aguero to play significantly more games. It may just be that he plays in more significant games.

He strikes me as the sort of player who will want to play every game possible if he's fit. He should be in the Messi/Ronaldo category of goal scoring and they play damn near all the time as a result.

FantasyIreland said:
bammy blue said:
El Mago said:

Good shout on Caulker, although I would of thought spuds would have first digs on him if he was to move.

We need a first team player not another reserve.The quality has to be the very best,Martin and Nasty are perfectly able back ups.

I would be hoping that Nasty can stay injury free and step up to be Vinny's main partner, his displays in the 12/13 season showed he has the talent but just needs the experience. I was thinking more Caulker because he has a fair amount of talent and he is English and could be available for a cheaper price with Cardiff dropping into the Championship.

I don't know if he's being deliberately understated, to reflect our image, or whether it's just the way he sees it, or that we're not actually going to do something major.

For me, a new first-choice CB is a radical change, it's a new partner for Vinnie etc.

A new CM/DM is again fundamental.

Makes it sound like the Barkley, Fabregas stuff etc. is just wishful thinking, which y'know, other teams around us could end up with these players, and are strengthening anyway and we'll be struggling to move away, which is what this window should be about, putting us in such a position that we can start to put our foot down.

and 2bh, it's ages since our last "boom" signing (Kun), and whilst last summer was great as part of a rebuild, I do want us to stick 2 fingers up to the cartel and really rub their faces in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.