Soriano on Summer Transfers

I think we will go hard to get an angel to join Jesus on the wings - think that will be our star signing and will find a very aggressive rm move for Suarez!

I think rekik will come back and be key and I think this and possibly keeping guidetti, keeping huws and Lopez rather than loan will be the main effect of any sanctions

adrianr said:
Gabriel said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
If we get a new No.2 Keeper then we need to try and get homegrown one IMO

It'll be Mangala OR Benatia
Fernando
Sagna

I think the squad we have will improve next season anyway

1) Jovetic a lot more to give

2) If Aguero can stay fit for most of the season imagine!

3) Clichy not had his best season, I believe he's had niggly injuries this season, I'm sure he'll be better 2014-15

4) Lopez will improve further and should get more games allowing some senior players more rest

5) Another top CM like Fernando will make the world of difference in sharing the workload with Yaya and Fernandinho

6) Sagna would be another quality RB and improve us

7) And of course another quality CB just finishes off the squad nicely

Hopefully we'll get all our business done in the next month sort UEFA OUT and then we can RELAX!!!

He had 31 games this season, 30 last,and 39 in his first year, and that was the year when we basically had him and Dzeko on which to rely. With four quality strikers to choose from, then, I don't honestly expect Aguero to play significantly more games. It may just be that he plays in more significant games.

He strikes me as the sort of player who will want to play every game possible if he's fit. He should be in the Messi/Ronaldo category of goal scoring and they play damn near all the time as a result.

I agree and think we have other players who are the same. However, we potentially face more games than Barcelona and Real Madrid, because of the League Cup, and with four capable strikers from which to choose, I imagine Pellegrini will not want to over use Aguero.

It would be daft to make too many changes to a team approaching its full potential.

We are Champions and can win more trophies, so we'll be looking to tinker not overhaul. I think all but the transfer junkies recognise that.

I think squads will be tested more next season, with the world cup a lot of players won't get much rest and probably not a proper pre-season in.

We have key players going to the world cup potentially already carrying minor knocks - not a great deal of time to recover for next season.

We can't afford to have squad players who are injured all the time like Micah and Rodwell

Marvin said:
It would be daft to make too many changes to a team approaching its full potential.

We are Champions and can win more trophies, so we'll be looking to tinker not overhaul. I think all but the transfer junkies recognise that.

To be fair Marv, there was a similar sentiment after our last title win, and I think we can agree we all missed a golden opportunity to kick on there. I think it is more the case this season though (that we don't need as many), especially given our last summers signings who have obviously only been here a year. Navas will have more to add (though I think aside from injury he's had a good enough first season), and Jovetic has all the potential to set the league on fire. Just keeping Aguero fit could be the difference between scraping it and smashing it out of the park.

However as onceabluealways correctly states, we've no idea how the World Cup will impact these plans, so we have to prepare as best as possible within the budget. Better to have a couple of surplus unhappy players than see half the squad get injured in Brazil and have to limp through the season with inadequate backup. If Fernando is already on his way and we have a top class centre half lined up, and I know I keep banging this drum, but Fabregas would be the perfect addition. He's good enough to play anywhere and we heavily reduce the reliance on any one player as a result. Even if it was just those three I'd happily put money on another cup double next season.

We knew what the weaknesses were in our side in 2011/12. We knew we weren't miles ahead of our rivals and that we had weaknesses. We didn't address them. Last summer we made significant signings that have taken us to another level - to maintain and enhance that gap we know again what we need - squad cover in central midfield and right back and a central defender.

I'd be happy with

Sagna
Mangala
Fernando

But i think if Barkley comes up for grabs then we should be in there fighting to get him

chris85mcfc said:
I'd be happy with

Sagna
Mangala
Fernando

But i think if Barkley comes up for grabs then we should be in there fighting to get him

I don't think we can read anything into Soriano's quotes. We know where the squad is potentially weak, and we know which players will potentially go.

The three you mention would strengthen us however a key area of our squad would remain weak IMO ... and that's the left hand side. We need a better l/b and an out and out left winger if we want to challenge for the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.