sound box thingys

TangerineSteve17 said:
A possible silly suggestion. But whenever I'm in someone's car or sometimes their house, I always check they've got the equalizer on the radio/telly set to the right levels.

It can really make a difference if you do the standard wave.

Like this

tumblr_l76n7dqSZI1qb7wr3.jpg

Assuming the TV supports custom audio settings.
Touch my levels I break your fingers.

BimboBob said:
TangerineSteve17 said:
A possible silly suggestion. But whenever I'm in someone's car or sometimes their house, I always check they've got the equalizer on the radio/telly set to the right levels.

Before or after saying "Wow it sounds much better thank you"

TangerineSteve17 said:
BimboBob said:
TangerineSteve17 said:

Before or after saying "Wow it sounds much better thank you"
Before. During. After. What sort of mad man fiddles with another mans knobs?

For christ's sake no amount of fiddling with levels us going to make the shit speakers in modern 1 inch thick TVs any good!

For christ's sake no amount of fiddling with levels us going to make the shit speakers in modern 1 inch thick TVs any good!

Dennis on this occasion is correct and in my estimation goes right to the top of his class.
It's a difficult conundrum to fit adequate audio and amplitude into such small places and there ain't many new fangled tellies out there that can replicate sound as the director intended.And lets face it not every one has the space or room for a full surround sound system so whats a TV aficionado left to do.Get the wallet back out I guess and bite that proverbial bullet.We have had our TV now for around 18 months and it is absolutely "Peach Lorraine".I cannot speak highly enough of it heartily recommending the OLEDS with open arm.Our OLED has Harman Karden speakers built into it but regrettably has been woefully inadequate for the job to hand.Last night was the final straw as we tucked into our Sunday night film noir. It was about a doll that took on the personification of a deceased child and was called Annabelle.The scarecrow was about to attack the three orphan girls trying to escape in a Disco and we did not have a scooby doo what they were all shrieking about.Mumble mumble start the engine muble shit mumble mumble help us eh god help us mumble eh were all going to mumble die rinse repeat.In the end we had to flash up our Seinhausser headphones and watch the rest of the flick like a brace of errant not right air traffic controllers.They are big clumsy and look ridiculous but the clarity and speech is precise articulate and concise. The next day I rung our pals up at Richer's and we now have this cheeky little Yamaha installed.Its truly wonderful and the film audio tracks are as the director espoused and all is well once more in Little Hartly. I highly recommend this soundbar and award it a five star rating.I really really didn't want to spend again on audio as I had already danced the dance with the telly purchase.But trust me on this when I say a soundbar is essential to replace the shit speakers in modern day wafer thin TV's.

https://www.whathifi.com/yamaha/yas-207/review

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/yamaha-yas207.html

Last edited:
We have a dilemma with our "sound box thingy" and are unable to source the info from the Manuel leaving the Moon as our last avenue of hope.Re the above post from last week it's a Yas 207 from the Yamaha stable and will not play sound when we use Amazon TV.The TV and Sky network acoustics are perfect and the problem surfaces only when using Prime.I papped around with it last night but sadly to no avail and am a loss as to what our next move will be.I have to go on the Hamster Wheel this morning and can't come off until 1900 so if any kind soul can offer a snippet of advice then please type away.The connections are sky box to sound bar and then sound bar to TV. Both leads are ultra HDMI. The picture with the Amazonian's is incredible but sadly nil by mouth.The only other cable we have is the optical supplied as standard. The TV is an LG Oled E6 and the sky box is a Q2. Gracias de antemano :

We have a dilemma with our "sound box thingy" and are unable to source the info from the Manuel leaving the Moon as our last avenue of hope.Re the above post from last week it's a Yas 207 from the Yamaha stable and will not play sound when we use Amazon TV.The TV and Sky network acoustics are perfect and the problem surfaces only when using Prime.I papped around with it last night but sadly to no avail and am a loss as to what our next move will be.I have to go on the Hamster Wheel this morning and can't come off until 1900 so if any kind soul can offer a snippet of advice then please type away.The connections are sky box to sound bar and then sound bar to TV. Both leads are ultra HDMI. The picture with the Amazonian's is incredible but sadly nil by mouth.The only other cable we have is the optical supplied as standard. The TV is an LG Oled E6 and the sky box is a Q2. Gracias de antemano :

We go Sky box to TV via HDMI. TV to sound bar via Optical cable. Works perfectly for Amazon / Netflix etc

your tv might pick up the optical output automatically if it doesn't you'll need to change the sound output in settings yourself

Last edited:
We go Sky box to TV via HDMI. TV to sound bar via Optical cable. Works perfectly for Amazon / Netflix etc

your tv might pick up the optical output automatically if it doesn't you'll need to change the sound output in settings yourself

This, get a digital optical cable and connect from TV to sound bar

Cheers chaps I have just got in and she has the sound on Amazon working.But she is changing the format as we speak to Mr Just's recommendations.The set up she did was sky to sound bar with HDMI then sound bar to TV HDMI/arc with HDMI lead and finally optical cable TV to the box.

BRB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.