Souness

Fair enough, I like souness and think he's pretty knowledgeable and well positioned to comment on most things compared to other pundits. However, I do think that there is an underlying racist undertone to the way black players are reported on in general. For example you don't often hear a white player called a donkey. Certain ways of describing players tends to be reserved for black players like Lukaku, mangala, heskey.
What about Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan?

Keens had problems at u21 level in Italy. Sent home at one point for repeatedly breaking the rules. Maybe Souness is aware of that.

He doesn't help himself tbh. Criticised Kean's attitude simply because Juve sold him (because they were desperate for cash and offering away pretty much anyone), then about an hour later came out with a corker about how he's never met Eriksen but assumes he's no trouble, despite him angling for a move all summer and being dropped because of it. Same show he was praising James Maddisson because he likes his players to be cocky, which seems weird considering his long standing hatred of Paul Pogba, mainly for being cocky. I doubt he's a racist, but it was a bit of a horror show.

I think it was subconscious racism on his part. He seems an OK bloke but as a pundit he's poor, offering nothing that the man on the street couldn't.

He doesn't help himself tbh. Criticised Kean's attitude simply because Juve sold him (because they were desperate for cash and offering away pretty much anyone), then about an hour later came out with a corker about how he's never met Eriksen but assumes he's no trouble, despite him angling for a move all summer and being dropped because of it. Same show he was praising James Maddisson because he likes his players to be cocky, which seems weird considering his long standing hatred of Paul Pogba, mainly for being cocky. I doubt he's a racist, but it was a bit of a horror show.
Surely the bit on Pogba is because he is cocky but doesn't back it up with regular good performance?

So being critical of a haircut that lives for social media and dabbing, and despite his inflated opinion of himself is average at best, can rarely if ever can be bothered to break sweat, let alone stride - is now somehow racism?

Fair enough, I like souness and think he's pretty knowledgeable and well positioned to comment on most things compared to other pundits. However, I do think that there is an underlying racist undertone to the way black players are reported on in general. For example you don't often hear a white player called a donkey. Certain ways of describing players tends to be reserved for black players like Lukaku, mangala, heskey.
I don’t agree at all.

All big average players get called donkeys. From Jan Koller to Andy Carroll.

Players like Navas and Sterling get called whippets.

I think looking for racism is an “in thing” at the moment. People look far too hard into things and make a claim that there’s a racist undertone.

I don’t think Ric is right about Souness from his post.

I don’t think our support or Raheem were right about the media reporting about Raz with racist undertones neither. I think they posted with a pro-Liverpool/anti-City stance. They slagged off an exiting young player for ditching the Cult and coming to City. I don’t think there was any racism in it at all.

All those claims of racism let the media off with what really was going on - continual anti-City bollocks.

Niall Quinn used to get the "eeyore" chant from opposing fans when he was at City, I remember the Leeds kop giving it out just before he planted a header into the net at that end. :-)
I remember one where he sliced a shot and one set of fans (I forget who now) chanted “eeyore eeyore, eeyorelways does that... eeyore eeyore, eeyorelways does that”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.