Souness

Fair enough, I like souness and think he's pretty knowledgeable and well positioned to comment on most things compared to other pundits. However, I do think that there is an underlying racist undertone to the way black players are reported on in general. For example you don't often hear a white player called a donkey. Certain ways of describing players tends to be reserved for black players like Lukaku, mangala, heskey.

I don’t know about that.

There were plenty of people calling Gary Pallister a donkey.

Admittedly, most of them were Blues.

;-)

Souness was a world-class midfield player and his assessment of Pogba is spot-on. Pogba can pick out a pass when he is not under pressure. In Italy he was allowed to stroll around the field in a dominant Juve team. He is incredibly over-rated. He was poor in the World Cup but was hyped up because of a few quality moments. He wouldn't get anywhere near the first team for City, Liverpool, and Spurs. His workrate is too poor for Chelsea (under Lampard), Wolves, or even Everton. He is loved on social media but one of my neighbours (who has had a United season ticket since the 70s) says he is shite. Matchgoing fans can spot a fraud a million miles away because they can see how much work is done off the ball.

Souness was a world-class midfield player and his assessment of Pogba is spot-on. Pogba can pick out a pass when he is not under pressure. In Italy he was allowed to stroll around the field in a dominant Juve team. He is incredibly over-rated. He was poor in the World Cup but was hyped up because of a few quality moments. He wouldn't get anywhere near the first team for City, Liverpool, and Spurs. His workrate is too poor for Chelsea (under Lampard), Wolves, or even Everton. He is loved on social media but one of my neighbours (who has had a United season ticket since the 70s) says he is shite. Matchgoing fans can spot a fraud a million miles away because they can see how much work is done off the ball.

You are clearly missing the point re Pogba’s contribution to the team... he has great hairstyles!

Why were people giving him proper shit yesterday, for absolutely no reason at all? The sky studio was right behind where we were sat. He took the 'You Scouse Bastard chants in good jest, even pointing at himself and said "Who me? Nah I am Scottish"
Yet there were people ranting and raving at him, calling him every name under the sun. One woman and young lad were pathetic. You could see the anger eteched in the young lads face, shouting you shithouse, why won't you look at us? You fucking prick. I would not mind but Souness would have hammered him. As for the woman, it was just pathetic. If a man who gives his pretty fair and well balanced view about football on TV winds you up that much, that you just shout abuse at him, its time to call going to football matches a day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.