Souness

Really don’t think what Souness said was that offensive in the scheme of things. Liked the way he spoke out on LGBT issues previously so he should be given the benefit of the doubt here. Not sure he’s necessarily the dinosaur he’s being made out to be by some.

That said, some of the responses to his comments online show that sexism/misogyny in football is still an ongoing problem.
Don’t be such a big girls blouse ;)

Very good but I didn’t watch it, my prerogative, I do watch female golf because I enjoy that, hopefully that gets me of the hook with the sexist accuser’s.
I don't watch womens football for the simple reason that the standard is abysmal. Its the same reason why I am not glued to the TV every weekend watching mens lower league games or the Scottish Prem. However, like yourself, I consistently watch womens golf because the playing standard is excellent. When womens football starts to produce a standard of play that is consistent with its now seemingly top-level sports billing, more people (myself included) will no doubt tune in. Nobody is offended when they are told that someone doesn't like mens Basketball or mens tiddlywinks but say you don't like womens football and you're a sexist dinosaur.

I don't watch womens football for the simple reason that the standard is abysmal. Its the same reason why I am not glued to the TV every weekend watching mens lower league games or the Scottish Prem. However, like yourself, I consistently watch womens golf because the playing standard is excellent. When womens football starts to produce a standard of play that is consistent with its now seemingly top-level sports billing, more people (myself included) will no doubt tune in. Nobody is offended when they are told that someone doesn't like mens Basketball or mens tiddlywinks but say you don't like womens football and you're a sexist dinosaur.
Spot on, put it more eloquently than I did.

He’s commenting on the two games yesterday which funnily enough were played by men. His point is around the fact that it’s gone soft and pathetic and the refs are seemingly letting some contact come back into it, which is a positive. He’s not commenting on football in general so there’s no issue. If he was allowed to talk further, he’d probably have said it was good to see the game being allowed to flow as it did in the women’s Euro’s which was refreshing to see.

I'm not offended he said its a man's game ! Is football a "man's game " ? No it isn't. Stop trying to defend the dinosaur ! The only reason I have commented is because people like you are trying to defend this clown.
I'd your not offended by him saying it then what on earth are you whinging about? Wrong time of the month?

Who cares what he was commenting on its not a "man's game " its a boys, girls women's everyones game ! That's the reason why dinosaurs like him deserve a bollocking.
Maybe you’ll change your mind, after all, that is a woman’s prerogative

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.