Souness

I'll chuck myself out here and get called woke for it or whatever, and I don't think it's a big deal, but I do wonder if it'd hurt to update gendered language around how we talk about physicality in the game. Lots of girls and women will have heard this stuff their whole lives, in much patronising ways that Souness used, and I don't think it hurts to acknowledge their responses. And I also don't think it's unrelated that a load of responses to women complaining have basically amounted to "and the women's game is shite", with much worse on Twitter. Despite what some on here think, Souness strikes me as quite a thoughtful bloke who will think about it and adapt as needed.
Does everyone have to qualify everything they now say in the media in case of being misunderstood, misquoted or taken out of context - for fear of causing offence ? Where was he deriding the women's game or seeking to undermine the success of the England Women's team ?

It seems to me that the women's success has attracted bellends with their own agendas. Why can't we just celebrate the success and grow with it?

Our own Chloe Kelly, a QPR fan was presented with a signed shirt from the QPR squad and the comments about it were pathetic calling it degrading, patronising and that she should be giving them a shirt as she's achieved more than they have.

Things like that, the BBC commentator saying the team was all white and Beth England's tweet about Souness put people off as the majority of people can't deal with the bullshit.

We have the Women's hundred and Men's hundred in cricket so would it be wrong to refer to hit as a man's game if a male fast bowler bowling at 90mph hitting a batsman who is standing up to the barrage? I don't think so. Nothing to see here, just another bunch of idiots trying to sanitise the world we live in. And before anyone moans I have a daughter who play's the game who hates watching women's football as it isn't as fast / tough etc as the men's game. She has no problem with what was said, it's just more shit stirring.

"Dinosaur", "clown", would hate to see you when you are offended. You've taken something out of the context it was meant in, by a decent person, a great pundit and a legend of the game - and you're happy to appear almost ageist in your over the top condemnation. Yes "people like me" will continue to defend him - whilst people like you will continue to be offended (whilst pretending they are not).
I'm not offended at all by what he said I merely stated that in my opinion he is a clown and a dinosaur for making that comment, as well as being wrong. He wasn't specifically referring to that game yesterday when he made the comment, he was being a sexist pillock. It is you taking offence because you disagree with me !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.